Toriko

Is this any good? Looking for a good shonen about adventures, fighting and mysteries

Attached: toriko-1-kaze.jpg (483x759, 139.57K)

Yeah it's good but the ending is a bit rushed
Ignore the putrid anime adaptation

Yeah I saw at first glance that the anime was a fucking joke

Better than HxH unironically.
Took the concept of the Dark Continent and made it happen instead of teasing it in endless hiatuses.

>Is this any good?
Yes

wish some team would translate the colour editions I'd love to reread it

No it's fucking awful

Yeah, it's pretty great. Not groundbreaking, but it's some of the best battle shonen you'll ever read. I'd even call it "conventional battle shonen at its peak". Also: Avoid the anime like the pile of shit that it is.

Toriko is always a good time.

Attached: Toriko - c301-310 (v34) [Digital] [Viz] [Tikas].cbz-Toriko - c301-310 (v34) [Digital] [Viz] [Tikas]-054.jpg (1082x1623, 230.42K)

Yeah, it's a fun journey.

Wow, I did not know he was made by fan submission.

Plenty of adventure and action to be had, just brace yourself for a very rushed climax that leads to a very satisfying ending.

I believe all of them were. The Eight Kings, that is.

Attached: Toriko - c321-330 (v36) [Digital] [Viz] [Tikas].cbz-Toriko - c321-330 (v36) [Digital] [Viz] [Tikas]-120.jpg (1083x1625, 231.51K)

its unironically probably in my top 3 Shonen. its like one piece style adventure without a lot of the silliness

>that whole set of chapters when zebra gets released that are dedicated to showing how the global economy goes into turmoil and stocks crash ahead of what destruction they assume he's about to unleash

Attached: 1594072912326.png (284x298, 49.57K)

Attached: Toriko - c125-134 (v15) [Digital] [Viz] [Tikas].cbz-Toriko - c125-134 (v15) [dig] [Viz] [Tikas]-070.jpg (1150x1725, 483.73K)

It’s decent, I didn’t love it but the art and concept were interesting enough to push me to finish it. I think it bogs itself down in to many tropes but it never tries to present itself as anything more than it is, so it’s easily forgiven.

god I love how detailed the lore and world building in toriko is. its seriously next level

shit gets a bit weird on the end arc but overall it's damn good
ending is pretty sweet too
well worth the read

No, it's a fucking awful shonenshit by one of oda's pedo friends.
Read the superior HxH instead of this shitty copy.

It's very fun. As others have said the ending was rushed, but it was a hell of a wild ride. I was genuinely disappointed we were denied galactic adventures of Toriko and Komatsu with the way it left off.

Ending wasn't rushed, that's a common misconception

I’m a fan of his over the top, larger than life world building. It’s probably one of my favorite elements of the series.

why do hunter retards try to shit up every fucking thread

> teases interesting locations
> have them explored offscreen

It's Toriko, interesting locations we didn't get to visit have been a thing since the start.

>entire arcs made for first two legendary ingredients
>third arc abruptly cuts off in the middle of the tournament and the plot suddenly kicks into overdrive
>rest of the third arc and every other legendary ingredient offscreened
Then what happened here, did Shima get tired of writing? This read like an axebait suddenly got a warning notice to start wrapping things up.

Nah axebait gets maybe a volume to wrap up, Toriko got like 4-5

Something was definitely fucky with how the entire final "collect Acacia's menu" saga went down.