I think ONE is a really good writer. I'm at the tail end of the non-stop exorcism arc...

I think ONE is a really good writer. I'm at the tail end of the non-stop exorcism arc, and I'm just now noticing that it's been built up since they got the call to the all girl's high school, when at first I thought it began with the three weekend exorcisms and the battle with the scarecrow beforehand. I really appreciate how much thought went into this.

Attached: ae1a66ea-9e45-4b56-ac21-2171958b71dc.jpg (703x1000, 229.39K)

>dude reject your gifts and become a wagie
No

It's ok you don't face this problem

This is one particular thing I don't like about the series. It's a lame ass message, and I suspect that's exactly how it will end.

It doesn't

oh okay cool.

How they fuck did you people get that message? Especially when it was deliberately said in like episode 5 that taking pride in your talents is fine, just don't become cocky asshole since it lead to tunnel vision and superiority complex.Fucking Teru remained a popular chad continuing using psychic powers and his great physical abilities till the end.

Yes, and also, Mob wants to use his powers for a purpose, etc. etc. etc. But I think the manga is still cut with that undertone of
>Magic is bullshit and psychic powers are escapism. Get over such things and pursue a normal life of non-notoriety.

>notoriety
It was never about that. The point was that most of the espers had mental issues and didn't face adversity, making them far lesser people than normal people who just went through life earnestly.

the curse toy guy definitely faced adversity though. he simply believed that he was entitled because of it.

OUCH

Liked it but I got really tired of all the fake deaths

It's hard to stomach ONE's writing sometimes. He's so hopelessly japanese, so intrinsically bootlicker. Society is absolute and unquestionable, and everyone who might have some grievances with it is at best a petulant manchild in need of some humbling (ALWAYS by wageslaving) and at worst a monster that needs to be eradicated. Every kind of rebellion against the rules, any kind of change is frowned upon. Even exceptional individuals who would have the power to truly change the world should just keep their head down, and do nothing meaningful with their abilities. The best they can hope for is living a mediocre life at their own pace , all while abiding by every petty rule, which is only slightly above being merely an irrelevant cog in the machine. Slave mentality to the core.

Attached: 1629589452039.png (316x583, 188K)

Headcanon:the post , especially funny how gou talk about abiding every petty rule when literally Reigen exists, who breaks them and continue to do so.

>It's hard to stomach ONE's writing sometimes. He's so hopelessly japanese, so intrinsically bootlicker. Society is absolute and unquestionable, and everyone who might have some grievances with it is at best a petulant manchild in need of some humbling (ALWAYS by wageslaving) and at worst a monster that needs to be eradicated. Every kind of rebellion against the rules, any kind of change is frowned upon. Even exceptional individuals who would have the power to truly change the world should just keep their head down, and do nothing meaningful with their abilities. The best they can hope for is living a mediocre life at their own pace , all while abiding by every petty rule, which is only slightly above being merely an irrelevant cog in the machine. Slave mentality to the core.

Attached: 1655726178046.jpg (200x195, 6.05K)

You will never be anybody

>It's hard to stomach ONE's writing sometimes. He's so hopelessly japanese, so intrinsically bootlicker. Society is absolute and unquestionable, and everyone who might have some grievances with it is at best a petulant manchild in need of some humbling (ALWAYS by wageslaving) and at worst a monster that needs to be eradicated. Every kind of rebellion against the rules, any kind of change is frowned upon. Even exceptional individuals who would have the power to truly change the world should just keep their head down, and do nothing meaningful with their abilities. The best they can hope for is living a mediocre life at their own pace , all while abiding by every petty rule, which is only slightly above being merely an irrelevant cog in the machine. Slave mentality to the core.

Attached: 1655726641559.jpg (692x390, 33.3K)

Indeed ONE is a good writer, just not a good artist, thankfully the One Punch Man manga by ONE and art by Murata is literally the best of both worlds and surpasses anything and everything we've seen from ONE previously.

Even as the guy who started the thread praising ONE, I'm shocked by the unabashed cockslurping ITT. This is insane. I haven't seen such a blatant defense force since Jordan Peterson got bashed on Any Forums last year.

how of all things do you fail to understand the message of a shounen

ONE isn't that great of a writer, I don't like OPM for instance. But this particular criticism is a tired bait and you can smell user from behind your screen

Ah. Yeah I've never read OPM and am just now reading Mob Psycho 100, so I wouldn't know all the bait. But I don't think that user is baiting. Maybe ONE is operating on multiple levels of nuance, but I can absolutely see how someone can come to the same conclusions as that other user.

Reigen is hot damn unf

I don't think user is talking in bad faith but this specific "mob is wageslaving propaganda, he should get bitches and billions with his powers" post is almost on every thread and the guys posting it are adamant about it, even when presented with evidence for the opposite or when people add context to their claims.

On top of that there's the irony of Any Forums LARPers going on about the glory of overturning society while dwelling in its shadows to discuss Japanese cartoons. It just adds that extra spice that makes anons want to dunk on these posts even if they're not exactly ONE cocksuckers.

Off topic aside you're in for a good time. I'd advise watching the anime, it's a really good adaptation.

Nah, that pasta gets reheated every thread. Mob's got a very simple and wholesome message:

You can be special. But it doesn't mean you're above others who are special in their own ways as well. Live as a person and not just an extension of what you can do.

It's heartfelt since that comes from ONE's life directly seeing as this was after the eventual snowballing of One Punch Man and the effect it would have on his life. He didn't want to be one of those rockstar mangaka; he just wanted to make entertaining stories and keep being him.

I think both that post and your post are valid criticisms and interpretations of his work.