Reading fanfiction

>reading fanfiction
>author spends more than half the time narrating stuff that happened in the source material
Why is so much anime fanfiction like this?

Attached: yikes.png (1920x1080, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/8753582/1/Overlady
fanfiction.net/s/13558896/1/Fate-Tomorrow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>reading fanfiction

Attached: 1641052501568.jpg (919x1079, 97.48K)

Cus is the entertaining part in the first place??? I suppose that many love to reinvent some stories but without changing the context of it much. But they want to convey their own point of view, so they repaint some important aspects and change only a few to show the direction the story will take. For example in my case, I hate NTR with all my soul and that's why when I imagine a romantic story I absolutely avoid using characters that are similar to those that are usual in NTR and even more tropes and plots.

The source material tends to not set a good precedent

Some of it is genuinely great and explores ideas that the author never did.
The Tensura WN had an extremely short ending. Main antagonist gets defeated in chapter 248, and then there's the epilogue which is the length of a single chapter.
So not even 0.5% of the story is dedicated to the ending, which is just dumb because it's usually a very worldbuilding-focused story. I guess the author just felt he had written himself into a corner by giving the main character the literal power of god.

But despite the lack of any decent official ending, there's some interesting fanfics set after the end of the source material, which explore the whole concept of what the most powerful and influential person in existence does after there's no more battles to fight, no more struggles to be had.

Because they don't know how to write

>reading fanfiction

I have never read any fanfiction, is there one that is 10/10 actually good?

Yes

Probably if you looked for an actual author writing something on a series he enjoys, then that would probably qualify as a 10/10. Almost every fanfiction is terrible

That one were the MC spends 1000 chapters fucking every danmachi girl before crossing to the next anime world.

Rimuru and Iruma's Adventures in the Netherworld is really good IMO
At the start the writing is a little rough and sticks a little too closely to the source material, but it gets better as it goes on.

Also it has weekly chapters, and a small team working on it instead of just a solo author.

No editors.

>reading fanfiction
Are you fucking 12? Like what? Why would anyone who isn't 12 read that? I don't even think 12 year olds want to read that. 9 year olds?

Attached: 1591873626539.jpg (1920x1080, 255.56K)

There's quite a few, problem is with the more ambitious ones they almost always end up unfinished.

fanfiction.net/s/8753582/1/Overlady Crossover between Familiar of Zero and Overlord (the game, not the anime). Honestly it's so good that you can enjoy it without knowing either franchise.

>That guy who has been exclusively writing 100+ fanfiction about Naruto being on a different universe and getting a harem of every girl from that universe for a decade.

Attached: 1624795376229.jpg (1280x720, 61.87K)

Unbound familiar. First arc is Zero no tsukaima totally gone wrong.

Do people not count derivative doujin as fanfic? I thought even anthology stuff would count.
If it has to be plain text there's at least Last and First Idol.

Attached: Love Live! - Not so cute!!! by Suimi - 8.png (1157x623, 189.74K)

LNs are the same thing kek

There's really not that much difference between fanfiction and your average cookie cutter isekai WN, and clearly there's a market for the latter.

from what I can tell this has been the only fanfic I've read that doesn't shit on the reader with "this is what happened in the show" because it pretends the show and its characters don't exist

fanfiction.net/s/13558896/1/Fate-Tomorrow

Attached: 1122113.jpg (500x757, 75.12K)

Fanfiction isn't a children thing, it's a woman thing.