Why does anime focus so much on adolescence?

Why does anime focus so much on adolescence?

Attached: red-color-solid-background-1920x1080.png (1920x1080, 1.13K)

Because adult Japanese have no life and no hope.

Adulthood is hell.

Adults read.

I mean nor does any other adult, the Anglosphere also centers occupation as the source of one's worth, it's aberrant that the nips are so unselfconscious about idealizing childhood and adolescence

Anglonigs would feel embarrassed about such open celebration and veneration of adolescence, I think. The way we approach the subject is loaded with irony and this sort of like "oh this is disgusting and a joke, being a teenager is awful"

Because adulthood in Japan = working unpaid overtime every week on a shit salary up until your 48th birthday where you quietly pass away from an aneurysm in your car on the side of the road on a snowy, frigid winter night.

Target audience

The west is like this too. The only difference is the west pretends this isn't the case, by presenting an idealized version of adulthood on film and TV (fame, fortune, some grand purpose), that in reality is no different from isekai or any other wish fulfillment genre.

TBPB. Just look in Any Forums when how many anime are considered pretentious when they aren't just because they handle more deeper themes. No wonder anime is stereotyped as manchildren's medium

Because it was the last time when most Japanese people felt like their life was fun and adventurous. Not to mention that teen age is a good middle ground to attract a demographic of both children and young adults.

Media aimed at children alienates most adults and vice-versa.

Post the chart.

Seishun da ne!

Attached: liz-and-the-blue-bird-liz-to-aoi-tori.gif (498x267, 2.55M)

Being an adult is hell for the Japanese. Grind out 12-16 hour days 6-7 days a week. Get four to six hours of sleep per day, two of which are on the train. Live in a tiny apartment where you can hear every sound your neighbors make. Drink yourself retarded with your coworkers several nights a week because that's what's expected of you. Marry some shrill harpy that you'll never have any kind of emotional connection with. Never see your children (if you even bother to have any). Watch as all your taxes go to keeping 110 year olds alive.

Why does these type of thread always devolve into such cynicism. It's just cause teenages are teenagers and adults because nostalgia is a drug. There really isn't much deeper meaning to it. I don't think much about my teenage years but its always fun to read about it because 'oh yeah that also happened when I was younger that's pretty funny'

̶d̶i̶s̶ joint

Adults are boring. Japan figured out being a teen/young adult is the most interesting time to be alive. America can't figure this out cause they just use teens for slice of life drama highschool musicals. Why do you think Twilight and Avatar was successful? Focused on teenagers.

Attached: 1655666145771.jpg (1000x1000, 728.5K)

this supposed reason never really made any sense
shouldn't the anime be portraying an alternate adult life filled with fun and happiness?
not to mention you can make the same claim that school in japan is shitty, filled with studying, going to cram school, being opressed by teachers, parents, other classmates, maybe even siblings, culminating in students throwing themselves off a school building after they fail to get into their number 1 university or fall victim to the ever present "nail that sticks out gets hammered down" bullying. Normally people are happy and willing to admit that life as a student in Japan is shit, but when this topic comes up it suddenly becomes all sunshine and roses.

seems more likely absolute reason. That and mere tradition.

There it is.

There is a huge market in Japan aimed towards depressed adults that desperately wish they could re-live their youth because they are deeply unsatisfied but lack the ambition to make a change or take a risk in their lives because of the pressure to conform that was ingrained into them since they were born. So instead they indulge in media that drip feeds them doses of fun, adventure, and sometimes the idealized social experiences they are lacking.

There is demand for this type of media because it is medicine that temporarily takes away the symptoms of existential suffering.

jk it's really because they are all pedos.

Attached: 8man.jpg (1280x720, 57.23K)

Anime is made for teenagers.