Physical vs Digital Manga

Manga readers of Any Forums -- do you read a lot of physical manga or do you read it digitally? I really do like to support the official releases, but this certainly gets to be an expensive hobby. Anywhere from $10-20 USD can really add up when you blow through volumes pretty quickly. Just curious more than anything. How much do you spend on physical manga monthly?

Attached: 1655667450625.jpg (1280x720, 170.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bAtB1RyN7Kc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I make a rule to only buy deluxe editions unless it's a series I truly love.

I have been buying the deluxe versions of berserk. Those are some expensive fuckers. Although they have multiple volumes in them so it balances out I guess

I read it digitally and then buy my favorite volume or two if I like the manga. Don't have the space to collect entire catalogs
>How much do you spend on physical manga monthly?
I do a $80 order every 4-5 months just to get free shipping

Attached: digital vs physical.jpg (816x1336, 275.53K)

I read exclusively digitally on my $800 epaper tablet. I spend some 20,000 yen per month on average on digital tankobon.

I don't really have much space, so I try to pick up the few ones I really like and complete them, but I don't really like to read physically, since, like pointed out, it can be sometimes a little bit bad, unless the editor did a good job (which usually happens here in Spain, some really care about the editions).

Now, for which kind of digital do I read, I like to wait for volume releases, like Golden Kamuy, where they sometimes change a few things here and there, and the scans are much better quality. Shit like Shonen stuff I read just weekly.

And finally, the lost important question. Which device? I usually read on my computer since I have a good monitor, but I will just read weekly shit and manhwa on my phone lying on my bed or when I take a shit.
I might jump on an e-ink display when it gets to a really good and cheap point. I think the quality is there already, but I don't want to spend like 500€ just for that, or not yet.

Physical for me. Most of the ones I'm reading are getting newer English releases, so by the time a new volume comes out $10 or $15 isn't much. The other ones I read I almost immediately ignore any that are beyond 20 volumes, or are hard to track down/expensive. It may be stopping me from reading some good manga, but I'm fine with what I have right anyway. I've got other hobbies if I ever run out of manga to read.

>but I don't want to spend like 500€ just for that, or not yet.
You can compromise and get a 7.8" like the Boyue P78 for $230 but that means only viewing one page at once and is too small for detailed things like 4koma.
The larger panels are also more useful for reading other ebooks and handwriting.

I'm kind of debating on buying a color e ink reader myself. But it seems like you get pigeon holed into only using it for reading since the refresh rate is too low to do anything else. Even browsing the net seems painful on those things.

I only buy One Piss because I have been doing it since I was a kid

The refresh rate is fine with speed mode. In a pinch you can even watch videos.
There's also browsers like Eink bro designed to reduce scrolling and the larger models can display a decent amount of content at once.

Honestly, last time I looked into it was maybe 2 or 3 years ago, and looked at the cheapest options, which are kind of shit, then looked at regular tablets and almost pulled the trigger, since they have great resolution and size, and I could use them other than reading.

Maybe a regular big tablet is the answer, or go all the way in and get a 2 in 1 laptop.

I tend to buy complete sets of finished manga, read it, sell it, repeat. I'm not a collector so it does the job for me

Attached: DSC_0001.jpg (5504x3096, 2.24M)

>, or go all the way in and get a 2 in 1 laptop.
2 in 1 laptops are far too heavy for comfortable reading. The nice thing about e-ink is how light it is, the 13" Max Lumi is under 600g despite having a front light, the Fujitsu Quaderno A4 is even lighter at 350g but it's limited to pdf.
LCD screens also can't compete in battery life or readability.
The ereader market has changed in the past 3 years. Back then you were lucky to get Android 6, now you can have Android 11.

Reminder that "you have to view both pages at once at all times" is a meme, any reader worth their salt will just let you render the two pages for those rare times a drawing is actually split over both pages and you can just zoom in to view it (I have a likebook mars and kinda wished I got one that did handwriting but it's not too big of a deal at the moment)
7.8 inch is really nice for loading up lichess at night.

I buy physically. Read digitally. I buy in bulk so I spend very little on manga monthly.

yeah i bought an X220T thinking I'd read tons of manga on it. Granted that was an old laptop even when I bought it but still even if it was smaller just wouldn't wanna do it. Windows also seems like it sucks for that kind of stuff

>Boyue P78
Looks pretty decent, have been trying to justify buying youtube.com/watch?v=bAtB1RyN7Kc since seeing it. Still rocking a 10+ year old Kindle 3 for books but would now really like something with a backlight so I can read in the dark.

Physical is good 90% of the time
I think my tokyo ghoul box set stuff has poor paper quality and smells like news papers

haven't bought a single paper manga in 12 years, since the launch of the original iPad. used the money i saved from no longer buying localized manga to buy iPad updates every 3-4 years. currently enjoying reading manga in an 11" iPad Pro. also, I got sick of my old manga collection taking up space. i already had HQ tank scans of all of the shit i owned physically so i garbage bagged the entirety of my collection, some 150-200+ volumes of physical manga. decluttering like that felt great.

Attached: she does it for free.png (315x457, 206.76K)

Do you fags really pay for manga? it's been over a decade since I've bought my last manga, and even then it was only because I hadn't yet discovered where to pirate it. Besides, physical copies are EAY too space-consuming and tend to be made out of shitty paper that can get mouldy in humid weather, and even licenced digital publications (which tend to be cheaper) are way too expensive and unless you're buying the original print volumes in nip-speak not a dime of your cash is going to the author anyway.