So what even is cultivation anyhow?

So what even is cultivation anyhow?

Attached: L3.jpg (500x500, 73.69K)

It's the process of attaining godhood or godlike powers. I think it's a bad translation but it eventually caught on so we're stuck with it.

>So what even is cultivation anyhow?
>cultivation is culture refinement
Literally the first result

Autism

cultivation bros...

sit in a mountain for thousands of years eating refined qi pills to increase your power level

It's worse than isekai, and that's saying something. To answer your question, it's atrocious godlike power levels gained by qi cultivation, usually though self-meditation or some other dumb shit.

>usually though self-meditation or some other dumb shit
*eats some weird grass and achieves heavenly saint level*
Nothing personnel, young master

Wait, are you trying to tell me that ll those chinese cultivation series are not abut the MCs becoming the best possible farmers?

>It's worse than isekai
objectively wrong, cultivation is great...when the translator didn't use google

kek

Sorry, dude. You still only have Silver Spoon and Vinland Saga.

it's the fantasy of getting stronger without doing anything
>take pills
>sit and "meditate"
>circulate your blood in the right way
wow now i'm as strong as a god

Why hasn't anyone other than Silver Spoon picked up the farming niche yet anyway outside of retarded isekai LNs? It's unexplored enough to be a marketable premise.
Depending on the kind of novel you read this doesn't always happen, a fair amount of them at least try to put the MC through some shit like getting his dantian fucked up or pickled or something. More common in wuxia than xianxia though.

It has nothing to do with cultivation, or even self-cultivation (unless you do some massive reaching). Idk why it was translated that way

So, is this a real thing or just another eastern bullshit mysticism

100% real why do you ask ?

Unironically considering moving up to the mountains and doing calisthenics and meditation when I'm not farming. When I am not CULTIVATING the earth I will CULTIVATE myself. Can't possibly be more tedious than my current life, and enlightenment sounds pretty cool.

so almost every isekai?

I skip all chinese "manga" so I never heard of such thing

i have always just assumed "cultivation" referred to autistic chinese isekai about crop rotation.