Is the age of fantasy over?

Everyone just wants to read about losers that died and get super powers these days. I miss the days where an adventure actually felt like one and it wasn't some wish fulfillment aimed at salarymen that just started working their dead end jobs.

Attached: flap fall.png (667x487, 330.66K)

Made in abyss season 3 is coming out soon. Also many shonens are fantasy or urban fantasy.

>thinly veiled rec thread

Made in abyss is less adventure and more despair

What I miss the most are witches that aren't jobbers.

Attached: 1655230509615.png (1000x800, 1.02M)

No, it's still an adventure, just a hard one.

It's just slow suicide.

So you only want happy stuff? How is that not wish fulfillment?

Shit like Frieren is now treated as "proper" fantasy when it's the exact same trash setting and plot as the bogstandard isekai, except no one reincarnated yet.

It's over, only Dungeon Meshi and Made in Abyss are left for fantasy enjoyers.

There's a difference between happy stuff and in real time snuff.

What are you taking about retard

Sir this is an applebee's...

Attached: meaty.jpg (280x158, 9.03K)

Imagine being so sensitive. Kys.

>Kys
Meaty...can't kill herself. Meaty...

It's mitty

Attached: e4b7a9bf-9530-4c56-bed9-a4f120d5d2fc.jpg (720x1021, 192.9K)

>it's isekai except it's not!
Yeah, yeah.

Attached: 1655360169609.png (191x319, 59.86K)

How is she so smug when her manga has been stuck on the same arc for 31 chapters?

But there still a lot of them right now...? Albeit most of them are about kicked out of party/adventure guide and slow life

This manga was made for you.

Attached: Touge Oni - Vol.3 Ch.9 - The Great Well of Heaven - 8.png (2700x1920, 2.34M)

Not the OP, but I'm looking for a real epic fantasy and have some specific tastes. Guess that's a bit too much to expect though because I'm indulging myself in writing something like that and it's daunting.

Sounds too much like isekak

She likes to takie it slowly.

About the same writing quality, yes. Nit my fault you're so used to shit you no longer care.

Well, its' writing is at least better than Berserk, so why not.