Do you guys like Shaman King?

Do you guys like Shaman King?

Attached: shamanking-finaledition1-v1-1200px.jpg (1200x1827, 538.41K)

the old version yes
not only was it soul but it was also OVER SOUL

I was obsessed with the OG anime back when it aired on Jetix of all places.
Was never interested in reading the manga though since I heard it was shit.

No

The main appeal of ShamanKing is it's extremely non-standard MC Yoh Asakura, you literally can't name somebody else like him in shounen manga.

Attached: Hiroyuki_Takei__Shaman_King_Volume_19.jpeg.jpg (683x1024, 188.99K)

Yes, the manga it's not a masterpiece, but have a very unique feel, to me. A shame that he new anime its a rushed slide show.

How is this masterpiece so underrated and the ripoff (jojo) is so popular?

He is modern age Kenshin personality wise, just think about it. Ren being Saito and Sanosuke being Horohoro.

I was going to read this but I've heard nothing good about the powerscaling

A lot.

It's unique enough that I find it interesting.

I do, but the sequel series are all a mess. I didn't mind the ending, because it kind of fits the themes the series was going for, but all the excuses and plots Takei had to pull out of his ass to explain the sequels is annoying.

The spirit and power designs are still great, though. He really should look for a good writer and just illustrate.

Is it worth picking up SK for the ride? Honestly sequels are sometimes fun but I don't think I've seen anyone on Any Forums say something positive about SK's sequels and lots of people say the originals ending is ass.

Yes, could've been better but it's still good.

Attached: 0.jpg (1221x900, 169.87K)

The side sequels are really good actually, the direct sequel is kinda garbage.

Attached: 1650566714838.jpg (1080x1920, 574.48K)

What's the difference between omnibus and digital? Also is everything translated?

I read only the digital but I believe the digital is the only "real" digitalized version ever made, while the omnibus is the latest paper reprint.

Does the omnibus not have the true ending? Are there two different endings?

It does, the true ending came out more than 10 years ago, originally the manga simply stopped on vol 32 iirc, then he wrote the last 3, all the newer releases are complete of the 35 volumes + all the extra short stories.

No, but the 2001 anime was okay and deciding to read the manga actually made me dislike it, so it went form being "okay" to boring and unpleasant. I don't understand why this series got so much hype when it is at best just another meh series that failed to exploit its potential from WSJ. Must be nostalgia.

Its nice