”I will get my own kingdom.”

>”I will get my own kingdom.”
Is there a better translation for this? It’s like how a little kid would phrase it.
I considered it might be to highlight Griffith’s childish demeanour, but that was just established with him and Guts splashing each other with water.
Is it a simple case of iffy translation, or meant to build up on Griffith’s childishness?

Attached: 17290B12-E1F1-4AAF-84DA-EF62A991FA8B.png (2264x1600, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-5JF9Gq5tL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I considered it might be to highlight Griffith’s childish demeanour, but that was just established with him and Guts splashing each other with water.
Goy mindset

Attached: 1648806362933.png (1280x720, 735.96K)

Attached: gaze.jpg (500x783, 131.73K)

Guts should have bent him over right there

GOOD MORNING SIRS!

How would you phrase it as a grown-up mature adult who knows many grown-up words?

>I will rule over a kingdom of my own
>I will rule my own kingdom
>I will have my own kingdom
I don’t know, “get” just seems out of place

>I will have my own crown

>"I am currently in the process of acquiring the means and positioning myself in a way which, one day, will allow me acquire enough land that it's size will not be dissimilar to that of other countries and I will rule that land as a King."

youtube.com/watch?v=-5JF9Gq5tL4

Ruling is not really his goal though (what would Griffith's tax policy be?), it's the act of acquiring itself that's meaningful. sounds good to me, once again putting emphasis on seizing, grabbing by force, getting, taking something that is meant to be unthinkable and out of reach for a low-born nobody.

Literally it would be something like: I, my country in my hands will put into.
So it isn't really a simple "get" but more of a "take hold" like

>literally gets a kingdom
>saying this is somehow off
shrug.jpg

I don’t think this one works. It makes it seem like there’s a specific country Griffith is after, and has connotations that he’s some kind of patriot, versus just a guy who wants power

It’s too trivial of a word, like you get something from the store, or you get something for Christmas. You know?

you could only possibly interpret it that way if you saw this panel in a vacuum and hadn't been reading the manga

no, my first thought was “what country is griffith talking about?” it just doesnt work babe

Come back to it in 10 years when your adult brain can process more complex thoughts

So, he says "オレはオレの 国を手に入れる", or "ore wa ore no kuni o te ni ireru", meaning "I'll take my own country."

"Ore wa" being a very informal way of refering to oneself, meaning that he's talking to a close friend (or at least somebody he doesn't need to use formal speech with) and "ireru" being a word that has a million meanings, but here used as a rude, even sexual way of saying "taking"

In short, "I's gonna rape me a country"

Attached: page0065.jpg (844x1200, 248.2K)

how the fuck does Guts draw his sword with that arrangement

I don't think Griffith uses formal speech with anyone anyway except literal kings. It's just his normal way of speaking. And 手に入れる is a very common construction which just means "get" or "obtain". Really I don't think there's any deeper meaning to this sentence.

At some point he'll have to carefully grab the edge and keep dragging the sword out.

the golden age arc movies improved on that aspect imo

Don't ruin my joke in which I have Griffith talking in ebonics while making references to rape, please.