Villainous protagonists

What do you think about them? And how come there's not more MCs that are clearly malevolent?

Attached: Light-Yagami-HD-Wallpaper-1-2662660902.png (1920x1200, 446.81K)

Pretty cool

When itt bad it is till entertaining

When it is amazing it can become one of my favorite story

I'm not particularly drawn to shows with villainous protags, but I do like them every now and then. This particular anime adds some backstory and flavor to a character didn't really get that much in his original novels while being respectful of the source material. I highly recommend it.

Attached: m.png (537x750, 567.61K)

Not a fan. I like protagonists I can empathize with and cheer for. It's okay if they're severely flawed humans, but I just can't get behind a protagonist that I want to lose.

Where do you draw the line at?

Anybody has a list of good shows?

Reddit and blogs give the same or shit anwsers

vs Yuru yuri?

it's generally good, especially considering the amount of
>look at me im so good and righteous
protagonists. light did nothing wrong by the way

...what?

>he doesn't focus exclusively on benefits
ngmi

Attached: fang yuan.jpg (483x512, 25.94K)

Most anons cheered for Light, his ideal world would be a net positive in the long run

Does it count if the protagonist refuse to do something for the greater good because he want to survive?

I suppose they count but I was thinking more along the lines of ones that don't have as sympathetic or honorable goals/reasons.

is this villanous enough?

Attached: genocider.png (1080x1533, 865.42K)

Attached: genocider2.png (1080x1533, 1.12M)

Give name pls

Genocide Online

It's sad the manga got cancelled but the web novel is really nice and Rena really feels like a sociopath.

Attached: kuchie-004.jpg (1395x2048, 285.74K)

Yes, this is great user.

Well, I did some time ago a thread with that topic. My idea was to show that Yuru yuri was better than Death Note as an anime.

Any villainous protagonist who isn't a psycopath? I want someone who does evil shit from time to time but is also able to express emotions.