The Big O

Man, what a fucking let-down. Despite sticking with it to the end, it was just a wholely uninteresting show. Even the action falls flat with how uncreative and unimpactful it is.

And the worse part is it has all the parts it needs to make something really, really entertaining. I'd still call it a unique show, but it doesn't actually utilize any of that either.

Attached: The Big O - 08 (BDRip 1424x1080p x265 HEVC FLACx2, AC3 2.0x3)(Dual Audio)[sxales].mkv_snapshot_21.54_[2022.05.15_11.20.48].jpg (1424x1080, 745.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

konaka.com/alice6/big-o/pdf/The_Big-O_Theater.pdf
nyaa.si/view/683003
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump 4 u because I actually wanna see the big o

The only part that really sucked was the second season. Season 1 is still some of sunrises best work.

Attached: roger_hops_in.webm (720x480, 2.54M)

I'm not sure if I could honestly recommend it. I kept with it almost entirely for fucking Dorothy and even that wasn't enough to keep me from needing to take a break.

But you can never go wrong with giving it a shot just to form your own take on it. The robot itself is cool as fuck and has a lot of things going on that I wish they played off of, like its pilot not actually knowing everything about it.

It definitely got more boring in season 2, but Roger's incompetency and lack of personal agency irritated me very fast. A lot of client cases weren't particularly interesting either, but that's just me.

But the showdown against Big Duo was incredible and definitely something I'll remember despite not taking too much away from the show. I did like the big reveal at the end, but again, I wish it was built up and explored more beforehand. Instead Roger just kinda goes through the same mental dilemma (tomatoes) several times and that's the most complicated the character/plot writing really gets. And honestly I'm pissed Schwarzwald only came back/was revealed to be a ghost.

Attached: The_Big_O_-_12_BDRip_1424x1080p_x265_HEVC_FLACx2_2.0x2Dual_Audiosxales.mkv_snapshot_15.43_2022.05.19_20.04.02.jpg (1424x1080, 645.04K)

I feel like a broken record but most of this stems from the show getting cut short when it first aired. The big O was supposed to have a 26 episode run, got poor veiwership due to bad timeslot on wowow tv in japan, got picked up for broad casting in the US two years later, yadda yadda cartoon network paid for a second season and it didn't come out until two years later when people stopped giving a shit about in burgerland. Long story short the gap in production between both seasons fucked up the narrative.

I think it needs a 3rd and maybe 4th part for everything to come together. Contignency endings aren't unique to television, and I think it wrapped up well enough for there to be a coherent whole to pick apart but I really would have liked to see what was supposed to unfold. The ending could even be retconned given the show's metastructural theme.

I think the best way to continue it would be to make a movie, if that does well give it another season and wrap it up. The only good thing about the ending of season 2 is you can start off on a clean slate and basically retcon anything that happened before which would probably be the best option.

Attached: 1612329546150.jpg (1284x2896, 1.01M)

It's an open ending. If the show did well enough there was the possibility of CN ordering a third season. I don't think a movie could adequately cover everything that was planned.

Here's a play the writer wrote afterward. I think it was adapted into a radio drama but I don't remember. The plot structure of the first season borrows a lot from old American TV and radio serials.
konaka.com/alice6/big-o/pdf/The_Big-O_Theater.pdf

There was nothing planned, cartoon network only payed for the last 13 episodes which they considered to be the second season so the series could have a conclusion. Chaiki j. konaka didn't really have much to work with so he did what he does best and made and incredibly cryptic ending so people could come up with their own conclusions.

It's an audio drama, I remember listening to it but I can't seem to find it anywhere on youtube.

Attached: s04.jpg (480x360, 26.85K)

That's plain false. The heads at Cartoon Network were open to the possibility of a third season if the show performed to expectations. Konaka wrote the series outline from the beginning, so he always had the thread. In fact he had way more input and freedom on season 2, he wrote the entire script, unlike season 1 where they brought a bunch of toku writers to create their anthology.

None of that is true and jason demarco himself said he was satisfied with the ending and didn't think it needed to go beyond that.

It is true. Konaka himself asked fans if they wanted a third season. A suit will use suit language to be diplomatic. They even used adult swim bumpers to complain about low ratings.

UFO inspired Evangelion !?

I think so, a lot of nips seem to be big fans of it over there and I do think I recall anno saying he was a fan of it too. Big O has some UFO references, most of obvious being the some of the songs sounding similar to those that were in the show.

That's crazy. I would have never thought the two were related.

A lot of anime from that era are inspired by western works and toku.

Attached: Ek8PRqvVkAABsXp.jpg (1440x1080, 316.26K)

The version of it that I have comes from this torrent nyaa.si/view/683003

It was written and produced between the two seasons and according to Konaka it's supposed to take place between the two seasons as well.

It's the same thing, the VAs just read out the script on a sound stage for recording.