Watch it

Watch it.

Attached: gintama.jpg (1920x1080, 151.71K)

Shouldn't I read the manga instead?

I don't watch anime with more than 50 episodes, sorry. Besides, I'm not a big fan of "japanese humor"-type shows.

Attached: lol.jpg (1280x1440, 145.72K)

Wow you sure convinced me OP

this is one where you can do both and it is still enjoyable
serious arcs blow though

>japanese family guy
yeah it's alright

Hey Lois, remember the time

I did. And I can say that everything after the original 200 + 50 episodes sucked. The samurai shit with Utsuro and whatnot got so contrived and shounen-esque that it bored me to death.

Attached: 1630537186361.jpg (1280x720, 456.3K)

I did, it was great until his sensei came back then it was like falling off a cliff, even the comedy got worse.

Kagura is sex

Gay

I'm trying but it's kind of boring. I wouldn't say it's bad though.

Yes but you'd miss the godly voice acting

I have to finish the anime. Stopped around the Arc where Gin was genderswapped. HDD died after that. Gotta go download the whole series again. I recall laughing my ass off constantly, with my brother, when it hit is stride.

Loved it. Need to give it a rewatch soon.
I enjoyed all the serious arcs. Tsukuyo best girl.

I loved it, even the final arcs that everyone hates for some reason. Utsuro himself wasn't particularly interesting but I liked his role in the plot and in Gintoki and Takasugi's development.
I know I shouldn't make this question, but the story really happened, right? Because they break the fourth wall so many times that it almost seems like every character is just acting, even the final episode before Semi-Final made it look like they were just making a film.
Also there aren't enough Tsukuyo fanarts, she's the best girl ever made
In general it sucks that Gintama isn't that popular in the west, finding fanarts, osts and even places where you can discuss about it is much more difficult than other "big" shonen series.

Does it get better later on? I got filtered by the first few episodes.

gag series take a lot longer to get going than non-gag stories. just watch an episode per day and if you feel like watching more, watch more. it's a great show.

Yes, but it only gets good once the massive secondary cast gets introduced and their individual gags combine to produce some of the most gut-busting episodes in all of anime. Anons debate on when the anime reaches that point, but if you still aren’t feeling it by episode 25~ then I’d say drop it.

For me, I feel like utsuro's problem was dragging on for too long compared to say, every other antagonist. He was good for Gintoki and Takasugi's development, but Silver Soul was a slogfest to go through. Story happened, yeah. And finding fanart has personally been very easy, just as long as you stalk Gintsu/Tsukuyo's tag in jp on twitter and go from there. really does suck though, I agree

It does! Takes a lot of time, but if you have a specific character (or thing) that you started watching it for, then I'd say watch a few episodes every once in awhile, and then come back unless you're really not that interested in finishing Gintama.

Attached: zura a day reminds you of his birthday (78).jpg (1836x2048, 844.93K)

watched about 3 eps and I didn't have fun. Thanks.