Purseserk

Why do we see Guts always carrying such cool purses? I want one, they look practical and comfy.

Attached: nice purse.jpg (3120x2258, 997.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

varusteleka.com/en/product/finnish-gas-mask-bag-surplus/1715
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was basically ancient world equivalent of a lunch box. You carried your food in it. Bread, cheese, some salted pork or dried meat, stuff like onions, dried dates, dried fish... basic foodstuffs that you are going to eat in the next couple of days.

Ancient equivalent of food rations. These were so universal, that many militaries even today have some kind of purse/butt-bag that has traditional name like "The onion bag" or "the Bread Bag".

Picture related. it is Ye Olde (from ww2 to somewhere around 80's) "Bread Bag" used by Finnish military. While the name refers to "carry your rations in this one" it was a general purpose handy bag to carry pretty much anything.

Attached: leipalaukku.jpg (1500x1500, 150.17K)

How is that even close to being sanitary? Imagine the bacterial growth after a couple days

The foods were all dried, salted and cured. The best technologies they had to preserve food back then.

If you want something like that, try search words like "M-56 Bag" or "Alice butt bag".

Also, a lot of old school surplus gas mask bags will do well in similar tasks. Pictured:
Finnish gas mask bag. My sister uses one of these (dyed it black) as her day-to-day handbag.
varusteleka.com/en/product/finnish-gas-mask-bag-surplus/1715

Attached: kaasunaamarilaukku.jpg (700x424, 99.31K)

>old school surplus gas mask bags
>to store food

Enjoy your tumors

It’s a satchel/messager bag.

This. Also, since the preservation techniques were ...what they were, in most cases you would just replenish the rations every few days.

Get yourself some freshly baked bread, some dried fish etc. from a farmhouse, start walking. Eat your meals during the next 2-3 days. After that, you will have reached the next town or at least another farmstead, where you can replenish your rations.

If you were going on a trip where you knew you had no chance to replenish your supllies within 5 or so days, that would require a larger caravan/wagon trail, with whole barrels of salted pork/fish etc. It would be a whole bigger operation.

This is why many european countries have long traditions of there being an inn or tavern every 20 km or so. It was considered one day's journey on foot, half-a-days journey on horseback. Might not feel like much, but the roads were a lot worse then that they are now, and people didn't have fancy treking shoes. They had soft-leather/fur shoes or some type of moccasins. Travelling on a muddy road with such footwear just ...makes things slower. 20 km a day was considered a decent speed on foot.

Attached: inn.jpg (600x385, 102.7K)

This here is British MKVII Gas mask bag which, I believe, was the one used by Indiana Jones movies as his trusty do-all bag (used to carry mystic stones etc).

Names of course vary. Satchel bag, Messenger bag, gas mask bag, onion bag... it's a do-all general purpose bag with a sling over your shoulder. It's hard to fuck it up.

Attached: MKVII.jpg (591x591, 30.47K)

Now, if you DO want to go to something fancier, there are hand-made leather handbags/messenger bags. Made from proper cured and tanned leather by someone who actually knows what they are doing.

These are of course WAY the fuck higher in the price range. But then again, if you get one of these and properly maintain and grease it, it WILL outlast you. That's why we have stuff like this from 1800's in the museums. It just fucking works.

Attached: leather_messenger_bag.jpg (2000x2000, 844.44K)

The legendary tale of the man with TWO bags.

Attached: 1485205751471.jpg (764x1417, 869.72K)

Based Purse scholar.

Bags are great for carrying things, though shoulder slings can be a hassle in comparison to how secure backpacks are.
I carry a reenactor's haversack. Theyre pretty handy, and were supposed to carry all of a soldier's rations and small hand tools, while their personal items were rolled up in their bedroll. I can carry most things I need all day (silverware, plates, cups, musket tools & flints, sewing kit, firestarte). If I hadnt a camp, I'd carry apples, bread, and dried meats in there, too

Attached: HS-711-01_1080x.jpg (936x805, 49.62K)

Impressive. Let's see Farnese's bag.

It's not a purse, it's a manly bag

Attached: 1629023445999.jpg (706x768, 337.7K)

Also, if you were a traveller who was going to go the distance, you would most likely pack a small bag of salt with you.

In case you catch something on your journeys... some fish, a rabbit, a pheasant, some boar... whatever... That would be a fine addition to your dinner. But it needs to be prepared first! So skin, butcher and quarter it, rub some salt in it, leave it settling for an afternoon or overnight... and then cook it. Delicious meat dish! Salt does wonders for field cooking. There are survival trainings where you are not given any foodstuffs, only a bag of salt to cure or make the food more palatable.

I have one of these travel salt/pepper shakers as part of my travel/on the field kit. Absolutely fucking worth it.

Attached: travel_spice_container_01-scaled.jpg (2048x1365, 127.17K)

They should have invited the artist for Kentou Ankokuden Cestvs to help finish Berserk, their art styles are very similar.

Field Cooking?
Someone said "Field cooking"?

Attached: senshi-dungeon-meshi.jpg (201x284, 23.98K)

Ok, that got a chuckle.

Imagine the smell, mmmm.

Based and well-informed
It's actually recently that we stopped carrying around cool bread bag

A backpack would in the way of his sword though. The satchel has the benefit of not getting in the way and the dufflebags(?) he uses have the benefit of being instantly droppable.

Checked.

Attached: medusa digits.jpg (409x441, 31.39K)

Six fucking oxen to pull a plow? Sure, it looks like wooden but holy fuck.