Alright, I'm going to be honest with you guys but I think I'm gonna drop the series after this...

Alright, I'm going to be honest with you guys but I think I'm gonna drop the series after this, the progression in romance is virtually non existent, Komi has no character development at all (something that you could tell since you saw her dad who is a lot older than her and has the same issue) and the comedy overall is very lackluster.

If you want an anime about shy girls trying to make friends there are a lot better anime like Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu and Kimi ni Todoke, which has an actual romance progression and sweet plot.

If you want anime about quiet characters that attract a lot of people around them there is also a lot better anime like Handa-Kun, Sakamoto desu ga? or the king of them all Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan.

Having the chibi headed big eyed Komi-san at first was funny, but when 90% we see her like that it just makes her look way too cartoony and deformed to even consider her pretty, the animation doesnt go anywhere further than just give her big eyes.

The characters are annoying, the Yandere lesbian is just incredibly disgusting, the green haired girl that acts like a dog makes me feel bad for her, and most characters aside Najimi and Tadanokun end up acting like a very simple archetype of character and nothing else, they are hollow, so really hollow.

I had so many hopes with this anime and the whole "every student must be unique" narration in s1e1 but this just Anime has proved to be the complete opposite of what it promised to be back then, it is not a heartwarming coming of age comedy story about overcoming your shyness and knowing a lot people that are unique and struggle as much as you, but an empty gag anime with the most dragging on comedy possible. I hate it, I hate everything about this, and I'm done with it.

Kaede Otori is like the cutest girl ever though.

Attached: 61afcc04adfcc86cad637252.jpg (640x345, 26.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series/v259w8o/a-story-about-a-girl-who-developed-selective-mutism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Congrats, you realized Komi-san is shit.

Thanks man, just needed to get it out of my chest.

It's sad though because the story had a lot of potential

This is why Komi-san readers didn't give a fuck that Komi got a Netflix adaptation to begin with. It started good but then became shit and kept becoming worse shit and it's so shit it looped around and now it's good but only IRONICALLY because they're doing an amongus arc and this is reality not a joke.

I used to be like you and had high hopes for this series. The characters seem fun at first and the romance is cute, but after a while I just felt "Man, this is getting boring" after all the same jokes and cliches it went through. Although the manga does have some good moments, like when Komi's cousin stayed in her house for some time. It actually made me cry a bit. Forgot which chapters that was though

Are you saying that the anime is bad, but the manga is not?
How many chapters into the manga do the protagonists kiss?

no he's saying it's even worse

>How many chapters into the manga do the protagonists kiss?
lol I already dropped it after the lousy Manbagi rejection I don't even know they kissed or not

what in the fuck
>among us arc
please, no, not that
why cant we have a proper cute mute/silent girl manga/anime as it should be?

silent voice?
or
mangaupdates.com/series/v259w8o/a-story-about-a-girl-who-developed-selective-mutism

thanks, will check these out, if you got any others let me know

It's just a sol about weird highschoolers. Don't you like sols?

>please, no, not that
It's already happened.

Attached: komongus.png (1054x381, 299.8K)

Its all about expectative man, the anime promised to be much more than that at the beginning, it promised to be touching coming of age with character progression, it promised to be emotional, the tone shift its way too barren
i have no words for this user

Did the anime give the pscho lesbian more screentime than she got originally? I seem to remember the mangaka realizing no one liked her right away and designated her to being a background character immediately. But in the anime, she's one of the main focuses and it's really off-putting. I don't really want to watch the second season because that 1st season was so below what I remember from the manga outside of that first episode.

Based otori enjoyer

Attached: Screenshot_20220530_203716.jpg (600x228, 65.22K)

Yes, she appears a lot, she is one of the main friends, always butting in, and I hate it.

Tadano and Najimi are cute that's enough for me. I'll drop the anime right after gyaru bitch pops, but will check out the culture festival.

>It promised me touching coming of age story
KEK, are you a newfag? Mangakas making an interesting premise and then shitting the bed is a tale as old as time.

I can't believe we spent a whole volume in a fucking amogus game.