Animation cels

Have you ever bought cels from your favorite anime

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x400, 26.55K)

I got a few

Attached: Umi cels.jpg (7529x2150, 3.46M)

I kneel
Good ones

Yeah but just for the purpose of xeroxing them then reselling the copies as originals.

I hope to collect some, waiting for good ones to pop up. At the moment jut collecting tapestries.

What the fuck is that cringey cartoon in the middle pic there? almost puked

other 3 cels you got there look pretty nice

I'm pretty happy. I think I've hit a wall with my collection though. I just don't have the energy to track down ones I like anymore.

Attached: cel ryoko.jpg (3719x2092, 1.75M)

I don't see the point. Too expensive and you're paying for something that is the equivalent of discarded garbage.

They are NFTs if you think about it

>Doesn't see the appeal in owning an actual piece of the anime you're a fan of. Is also poor fag.

>Doesn't see the appeal in owning an actual piece of the anime you're a fan of
No I don't. It's like paying thousands of dollars for a .txt with a bunch of discarded code from a videgoame you like: it's stupid.

>Is also poor fag.
Not wasting your money on frivolous garbage isn't being a poorfag.

I think you're greatly over estimate how much these things actually cost. You can get some for well well under 50 bucks. Even under 20.

>Not wasting your money on frivolous garbage isn't being a poorfag.
If you can afford it it's not wasteful. Do you just never buy ANYTHING?

What show are those cels from? They look beautifully detailed and shaded. I'm jealous.

I've looked into it but all the ones I want go from like $600 - $5k
I'll just stick to my Manga, Exhibition posters and signed cards.

No cels, but I do have 6 in-between frames from Kill la Kill. They're two random packs of three, and I'm waiting until I have a good way to display them before opening, so I've got no idea which frames they are.

Those are from Nadesico.

I'd have bought a bunch if I got into them 5-10 years ago. "Everything is crypto" speculation retardation has driven up the price way too much at this point, like most collectibles.
Still blows my mind that people out there just own cels like pic related.

Attached: Utena cel.jpg (600x450, 27.88K)

>Still blows my mind that people out there just own cels like pic related.
I don't even want to imagine the price tag on this one, holy shit.

Attached: cel bgc.jpg (3453x1943, 1.89M)

thanks

Not cel-related but might be the right place to ask - anyone bought something signed by someone involved in the anime/manga biz before? Talking to someone about purchasing a poster signed by a director but I've no idea how to gauge its price and what to offer, rarely see signed stuff come up from them but they are one of the most well known names

Ah yeah, I remember 2040, some people like to bitch about it being inferior to the original but I liked it. And that's a nice cel for it, 3 characters in one shot! I'm curious about that: does the price for a cel tend to go up for having multiple characters, or does it have more to do with the level of detail in the figures?

If I were an artfag I'd want to learn how to forge anime cels.
Couldn't be that hard, right?

There are no cels of my favorite anime

Soulful

2040 is one of my gateway animes so I was glad to get a cel of it. Especially a nice one. I've never been one to worry about NOT MUHs so I can see the advantages both series had. As for pricing it can honestly be hard to say. Popularity seems to be a larger factor in pricing. Of course more complex images like these will go for more, especially if they have their background so you can probably expect to spend a fair but. That one with them in the hardsuits was atually a couple hundred. But you can actually get some nicer ones for far less if you dig or get from more obscure shows. Honestly I'd say it's more a matter of personal value. How much are you willing to spend and how much do you like the show. I forget what I paid for this one but it wasn't near as much. But if you look on ebay you can find some that are dirt cheap.

Attached: cel couch.jpg (2976x1674, 1.37M)

These averaged around 40-60.

Attached: cels.jpg (4781x2690, 3.03M)

They used nicker brand acrylics. Don't know about the cels and animation paper itself.

I got these 2 from the same scene from Tenchi in Tokyo, I love this episode so it was kind of a treat to get cells from this scene with the background

Attached: money money money.jpg (1224x675, 178.1K)

This was probably the most expensive one in my collection around 200 something. But Ruin Explorers is also my favorite anime so I basically had too. I passed on chances to get other ones from it that where also a bit price but were really nice and I'm kicking myself to this day.

Attached: ruin cel.jpg (1600x1318, 399.69K)

My big advice to potential collectors is to basically focus on characters and shows you like. Knowing the show helps. It might get expensive or might be cheap but you'll regret passing them up if you can afford it and just hesitate.

Attached: Umi cel.jpg (3188x1793, 1.38M)