Remember when Isekai was good??

What went wrong? When did it become nothing but stale zoomer irony + harems?

Attached: images (9) (27).jpg (640x480, 38.49K)

You picked a questionable example but yes I do.

Attached: Genmu Senki Leda [BD 1080p] [OnDeed] [DC8A6C17].mkv_snapshot_00.25.29.378.png (1440x1080, 2.4M)

>remember when isekai was good?
no

Yes

Attached: (G_P) Escaflowne 03(1080p 10-bit)(914EF48E).mkv_snapshot_20.43_[2012.03.14_02.17.45].jpg (1440x1080, 214.17K)

>What went wrong?
I'll tell you what went wrong. It went wrong when it became Isekai. Before it was just proper fantasy but with a hero from a different world. Stranger in a stranger land is one of the most basest most fundamental stories. But then isekai became isekai and that made it about the template not the strange world nor the stranger in it. This is why reducing everything to a genre label or trope is bad. Because it makes everything about the elements and not the execution.

Attached: Magic Knight Rayearth Ep10 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.28_[2018.06.07_06.54.33].jpg (960x720, 106.18K)

user ask your self when did (you) stop being the target audience

>old good new bad
>memeflowne
continue slurping eceleb opinions faggot

>Remember when Isekai was good
Right now, We are living it.

Attached: Isekai_Quartet_The_Movie_-Another_World-_2nd_Poster.jpg (1000x1409, 355.62K)

>*oomer

That thing you posted doesn't go into any expressive territory with its faces
which makes it absolute worthless crap compared to YuYu Hakusho.

>zoomer irony
the fuck does this even mean

I don't remeber any good isekai
Pice related is a shitfest

Attached: now and then.jpg (300x436, 23.71K)

fpwp is a perfect example of it.

This anime is to the isekai genre what the watchmen movie is to the superhero movie trend.

“Oh! what a superior man," said Candide below his breath. "What a great genius is this user! Nothing can please him."

After their survey of the library they went down into the garden, where Candide praised its several beauties.

"I know of nothing in so bad a taste," said the OP. "All you see here is merely trifling. After to-morrow I will have it planted with a nobler design."

Well," said Candide to Martin when they had taken their leave, "you will agree that this is the happiest of mortals, for he is above everything he possesses."

"But do you not see," answered Martin, "that he is disgusted with all he possesses? Plato observed a long while ago that those stomachs are not the best that reject all sorts of food."

"But is there not a pleasure," said Candide, "in criticising everything, in pointing out faults where others see nothing but beauties?”

Does that make Isekai Quartet to the isekai genre what the avengers movie is to the superhero movie trend?

Lets not go that far.

If you want to see this type of realistic and dark isekai show done much better. Watch Twelve Kingdoms.

I mean it's bringing the most popular isekai shows: Cautious Hero, Rising Shield, Konosuba, Youjo Senki, Overlord, Re:Zero all together like the avengers and it's got a theatrical release.
It's clear that Kadakowa really want to push this multiverse too.

Attached: 0y9bt5wb46sy.jpg (902x1200, 259.76K)

>like the avengers

I love isekai quartet but It’s more like when the flintstones met the jetsons or a smashbros subspace emissary if you wanna make it sound cooler

YYH isn't isekai