Neon Genesis Evangelion

I barely watch anime but I heard a huge praise for NGE, people saying that it's mysterious, dark and psychological. I have seen episodes 1-14 and I just don't see it. It has some more interesting stuff but it's mostly action and a lot more comedy than I expected. Is it worth watching to the end?

Attached: Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-3-2946022581.jpg (840x1200, 232.02K)

>Is it worth watching to the end?
Nah dude. Anime is for fucking nerds, even more so when we're talking about "psychological" anime. Stick to the Marvel and Star Wars or whatever's cool these days.

>Marvel and Star Wars
>cool
Kek.

Stick til the end, you've barely gotten past the setup. If you finish the show and don't see the merit in it you're just a midwit.

>you've barely gotten past the setup
I've heard that most stuff I'm looking for is in the latter half, wanted to know whether it's true.

This simply must be a bait thread. No one can be that impatient.

No, it's not. And what patience has to do with it? I just don't like wasting time if something is not worth it?

the IQ levels in this thread are so low it's off the charts. Anyways, OP is baiting, and is wrong when he says it's not mysterious but rather action packed. There is very little action in this series compared to other fighting mecha anime. There is extremely high mystery in this anime because much is left unexplained, like we're distant observers catching glimpses of the machinations through cracks in a fence. So, essentially what I'm trying to say is that, if you for 1 second thought OP was serious or genuinely had an emotional response to his bait, your IQ must be somewhere below 90. Somewhere around there

Worth it for what? for whom? If you lost interest in the show, just drop it. Don't feel peer pressured to finish it because you "heard a huge praise for it." Guess what, even when you finish it and share your opinion about it you'll still be labeled as a newfag 20 years late to the party.

But you found time to complain on fucking Any Forums instead of just sticking to the show for a few hours.

>OP is baiting
No.
>There is very little action in this series compared to other fighting mecha anime
Dunno, haven't seen any other.
>for whom?
For me, obviously.
>Don't feel peer pressured to finish it
I don't give a fuck about "peer pressure", I just want to know whether it's worth watching.
>share your opinion
I wouldn't do that.
>you'll still be labeled as a newfag 20 years late to the party
Who the fuck cares, I watch mostly older things anyway.
You know that starting this thread took less time, right?

Then why the fuck stop right before then, dude?

> I don't like wasting time
> Is posting on Any Forums
Nigger

>You know that starting this thread took less time, right?
Okay, I pretend that I don't think that you are baiting. Nothing about Eva is of your liking after 14 episodes? Characters, bizarre Angels, music? Nothing to keep your interest for the remaining few hours?

It's just not worth his time, alright?

I like it fine enough but I expected something different.

>1-14
user, that was the best part.
>Mysterious, Dark, Psychological
KEK, seems you fell for the meme.

This I can accept. I watched it for the first time 16 years ago and was confused a lot. Evangelion is a very inconsistent show.

>Mysterious, Dark, Psychological
Memes aside, Evangelion is actually completely built around mystery and incredibly dark with the addition of EoE. Only psychological part can be considered amateurish and pretentious.

>any part of Eva
>pretentious

I would say viewing the pilots' experiences interacting with their evas and the strenuous effects it had on them is pretty psychological. More so than piloting an ordinary robot with a less invasive user interface