Why do nips think people smile like this...

Why do nips think people smile like this? It seems to me in the early days of anime they were trying to emulate the way westerners express emotions to animate what they thought were credibly extroverted characters. They looked at how we smile in photographs and assumed we smile at each other like this in person. Am I right?

Attached: anime-my-little-monster.gif (498x278, 2.99M)

No you're wrong. Also you're autistic

Meds

Go on. Keep being rude to me. AND SEE WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENS

OP has a single digit EQ

I don't think that's a rarity on Any Forums but you can simply confirm my post by observing other people without any emotion involved. Nobody smiles by tilting their head to the side and squinting their eyes, while in anime it's universal.

Yes, anime isn't real

The question is what the origin of this trope is.

EQ isn't real

When anime characters are smiling even though it looks like there are eyes are closed they aren't actually meant to be closed. It's just how it's drawn to simplify the process. This is why many anime will have their characters have white spots in their eyes when smiling. It's supposed to emulate the reflection of light on the eyes.
pic rel is what i'm talking about in anime

Attached: original.jpg (720x720, 209.62K)

and pic rel is an irl approximation of what the anime is trying to replicate. They don't want to draw the details of the eyes so they just close it but it's meant to be like the eyes are almost closed so you can't see their whites. The shimmering spots draw in anime are meant to indicate the eye is still open. Like in this pic rel

Attached: smile.png (1240x767, 1.06M)

Attached: 5ca.jpg (570x558, 260.13K)

This is such a cute smile

This is how a yandere smiles before he locks me in his bedroom.

teen thread

/thread

>Nobody smiles by tilting their head to the side and squinting their eyes
You've never heard the phrase "a smile that reaches his eyes"? That's exactly what that phrase refers to. Maybe not the head tilting to much, but that can happen in real life too and would be a really nitpicky thing to complain about even if it didn't

They're cartoons OP. Why are you thinking so hard about this?

Attached: 1610242401030.jpg (228x221, 8.57K)

have you seen any jap pop idol?

they all smile like that

Are you autistic by any chance?

you legitimately sound deranged. I don't mean this as an insult. consider looking for help.