He pretends to like Lain

>he pretends to like Lain

Attached: FUB_cuYX0AUROP5.jpg (2048x2048, 391.46K)

I genuinely like SEL a lot but I think that I maybe enjoy it for superficial reasons.
I think it genuinely has some of the best atmosphere that anime has to offer, and while I'm not very well versed on the stuff it was referencing I think it presented some interesting ideas on concepts about communication.
Lain being a qt helped too

Attached: img_397102901.jpg (500x730, 39.73K)

u got me user
I love lain

Only boomers and 12-years-olds like Lain

that's a little... broad

Attached: laaaaain.png (500x400, 343.86K)

ipvp6

No one unironically likes lain, it's a boring anime for hipsters

Attached: 1636950764321.jpg (750x750, 63.07K)

If you pretend to like lain or don't like lain, you got filtered. Stick seasonal threads and generals.

>implying your soulless assembly line vtuber garbage is any better
stick to your containment board faggot kun

what vtuber? that's the cat from motherdaughterwife anime you clueless twink

Attached: 1636998056551.jpg (1049x1489, 222.73K)

That character is so generic I literally cannot tell the different

ESL nigger

I love lain

Attached: 1652388491584.jpg (620x481, 48.72K)

and you don't seem to understand

a shame you seemed an honest man

No need to pretend.
We love her.

Attached: you love them.jpg (276x650, 53.69K)

I relate to schizoid Lain

LAIN EXPLAINED TO RETARDS

the message is: "humans are not just data (aka memory) there is something more. If you reduce a human to data it will be bad because it will lack soul"

Yes it's naive and most importantly it's arbitrary. The anime does not prove (and doesn't even try to prove) that this is real. All it does is portraying how the author feels about transhumanism.

That's it. You can stop complaining now.

Unironically: why do so many transgirls obsess over Lain?

Reasons to like any anime or visual medium are often superficial. SEL just happens to have substance so it's not style alone and it can easily linger in your mind.

Attached: 82209a3128ad7333ef3609c4117aefef.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

>I don't feel well knowing people think I have bad taste, so instead I'll say the anime is for trannies ehuehuehuehue

probably because of lain's online persona(s) and her androgynous appearance

Attached: __iwakura_lain_serial_experiments_lain_drawn_by_gauss_bokashi__c66fd8ac3aa10d4604c0cfae6214cf65.jpg (739x1000, 52.02K)

Nope I love lain because it's the best stort I've ever watched. Still doesn't beat the best books but it's damn close. It's a very awesome portrayal of something akin to a Noosphere
>"a postulated sphere or stage of evolutionary development dominated by consciousness, the mind, and interpersonal relationships (frequently with reference to the writings of Teilhard de Chardin).

>"creatures evolve: a new biosphere emerges, and with it a new noosphere"

>the message is:
No, what you meant is "the author tried to convey that." But that doesn't mean it's THE message, or that it is even singular. The fact that episodes are called "layers" and approach themes only in a semi-connected way should be evidence enough. It's not JUST about identity, communication, transhumanism and whatnot. We're a bunch a faceless nameless strangers talking over the internet (exchanging data) so does that make that mean of communication inferior or not genuine?