NGE

Evangelion is dead. Evangelion remains dead. And we have killed it.

Attached: Evangelion_269.jpg (2007x1410, 1.83M)

Not if my dick has anything to say about it

anno made fanfics canon

shred

Attached: 01.jpg (1108x1599, 523.79K)

Evangelion has died, Evangelion has risen, Evangelion will come again

I only watched a few episodes of the original but I feel like I got a decent understanding of the story from Ohime Beast and CL-orz 6, 8, 10, 13, and 26

Fanfics at least try to preserve personalities of characters, with Shinji as usual sole exception. But in Rebuild everyone is ridiculously OOC when compared to the original show.

office lady maya lives in my heart

Attached: maya.jpg (850x1163, 85.06K)

I really wanted an episode that was just the bridge crew on a day off

This completely unused trio still have greater design than the majority of main characters in modern anime. Sadomoto is a genius illustrator, but impossibly bad writer.

Friendly reminder that by the end he was fucking Misato in the reg and cumming inside.
Unironically

>Misato
Not a big accomplishment, really.

Shredgod was not interested in Misato. Source: When he gets tanged in EoE he sees nobody else from the cast, just a regular Rei.

user was talking about other guy. He was in love with Misato.

Hyuga. Also likely not true, as Misato friendzoned him mercilessly in NGE.

the closest he got was sniffing her uniform while taking it to the cleaners (for free)

Yes, I always got this impression. And she was not above leveraging his feelings to get what she wanted. Misato is not a good person.

SO I managed to stay spoiler free for years and for the first time watched the entire series. I finished just today. What the fuck did I just watch? Why is this considered good? And don't just say I don't understand it, I can understand it. Does it have to be viewed as a product of its time? Cause right now its just really annoying. Every character is insufferable, which thats fine I get it, but the pacing is just fucking garbage. It literally slow builds for the entire fucking season and then just ends with two hours of unintelligible gibberish. What the fuck?

people forget this when they let memes and fandom osmosis (especially about their household) cloud over the show itself, isn't subtle about misato's personal failings and how she uses her command. fuck, its even the name of an episode. it's also why you can't discount the "filler" motw episodes without ending up with a decidedly incomplete understanding of the cast

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 10 [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][B7A0A8A0].webm (640x480, 1.44M)

It was not created to entertain you, but to make you suffer. And it succeeded at least a little, right? For many, this pain becomes permanent and forever bounds us to Eva.

Attached: DbTxAVaa6r4.jpg (1000x1526, 406.74K)

Asuka was awfully close to dying in that episode, yes. And the show gloss over this by jumping to hot springs and fan service.

Could you explain, or are absurdist statements all you've got?

the jarring shifts in tone all throughout EVA are one of my favorite things about it