Is the Chimera Ant arc the ultimate litmus test for hunterfags...

Is the Chimera Ant arc the ultimate litmus test for hunterfags? Thinking that its bad or even the worst arc outs you as a non-fan who doesn't understand HxH.

Attached: 1469435439963.jpg (1000x1000, 167.8K)

yorknew was better

It dragged on and on and oooon way past its prime. The Succession War is the true best arc in Hunter x Hunter. Human subterfuge, questionable loyalties and mysteries, and a party of spies and assassins makes it a great thriller that never gets boring.

I have mixed feelings about it. A lot of the concepts are great but the anime's execution of it turns into a ridiculous amount of narration in the later parts, like they just gave up on letting actions speak for themselves.
Also I really hate the chibi royal guards and they really were beating a dead horse with the "we're biologically hardcoded to orgasm over the slightest bit of praise from the King" joke.
I thought YuYu Hakusho did a much better job with maintaining a dark tone, and that was a series where the protagonist's boss was a pacifier sucking adult baby, so that gives you some scale for how overly goofy HxH got to make YYH look like the more serious story.

I 100% agree with this. Spiders arc was the best, and the OVA following up the '99 series for it was really good.

I dropped the manga years and years ago at the start of this arc because it was hot garbage. I don't even remember how and why.

This is an overall excellent arc that got adapted poorly because the anime writers loved HxH too much.
A tremendous amount of side content should have been cut from the anime (Bloster specifically) to preserve the pacing.
Scenes with side characters feel very quick in the manga but really drag in the anime.
The whole arc, both manga and anime, could have been improved by removing Welfin, Bloster, and anyone they interact with. Same with Shidore, the blonde girl ant in PJs, the politician mastermind.
Also, Palm's portion needs to be reworked. It's completely illogical to send her alone. She should go with the teleport guy and he chickens out and abandons her inside, which makes his failure more important.

>The Succession War is the true best arc in Hunter x Hunter.
based and true
>It dragged on and on and oooon way
only in the shitty anime. Manga CA's pacing was great.

Pouf is a great example of a character who is fine in the manga but awful in the anime. His voice acting and presentation turn him into a walking mood-ruiner. In the manga he is unhinged and somewhat scary, and his obsession is more off-putting than annoying.

Twice as long as Yorknew in chapters, took four times as long to release, yet was still half the quality.

But you're a 2011tard so it's no surprise you worship subpar arcs.
>Manga CA's pacing was great.
No, even that dragged on for too long, disregarding the hiatuses.

It's good

Attached: hxh 99 fix.jpg (680x389, 80.02K)

FUCKING KINO

Attached: 0317-004.jpg (1067x1600, 199.95K)

I found myself loving everything about Alluka so much more interesting than the chimera ants. Especially as time has passed and now there's the tie in with AI from the Dark Continent.
Yorknew was top notch as the arc of the series in the anime.
Ironically enough, I find myself loving the worldbuilding and story much more when it's focused on other characters rather than Gon/Killua. So many interesting people to follow that isn't them.

How much of a teenager zoomer do you have to be to think this?
Yorknew is incredibly small compared to the ant arc, the journey, depth, character writing, thematic writing, details across the whole arc, climax, resolution...Sure Yorknew is way better than your usual shonenshit arc, but the chimera ant arc is in a completely different level of quality.
Unironically filtered.

Chimera ant arc was good for expanding the world past what we knew. It showed how powerful things could be and just how fucking far the main cast have to go. The fights were okay and the ramifications of the arc mattered.
But Yorknew was much more easily digestible, entertaining without feeling like it dragged on and didn't require a voice-over to tell us everything and what to think.

Talk for yourself zoomer, imaging thinking it wasn't absolute kino or missing the point of the narration so much.
How easy is to spot shonentards.

I enjoyed the arc a lot. But Yorknew was simply more fun to watch/read. Chimera ant arc is good, but it's merely build up and preperation for the Dark Continent, which is where I think we'll get the full experience and have the best arc.

Its good but not the greatest arc. Also it should have been done in 40 episodes instead of 60+

Yeah, Pouf was one of my main complaints for the anime, especially when he was trying to stall for time to not get meruem to komugi. This was already pretty slow in the manga, it's the valley between two peaks of the arc, those being gon pitou fight and meruem komugi match. However, paired with how pouf's antiques translated in the anime, it felt fucking excruciating to go through, especially on rewatches. The only other part I felt badly paced was when Gon and Killua were going through some of the chimera ant fodder with kite, while necessary to show more of kite, there was just too much of it with nothing new being shown, since the chimera ants had already soaked up a lot of screentime at that point.

One part I think the anime did really well, which others aren't fond of, is how it handled the narration, especially at the start of the castle invasion. It managed to do something I've never seen before, which is to capture things at the speed of the stream of consciousness of fighters who's lives are in danger, it effectively managed to show the slowdown of time for them impeccably. I like to view the invasion as a start to a billiards game, where each character is a ball. This rapid fire collision between all of the balls as they bounce upon one another is captured in excrutiating detail, and as the balls move farther apart, eventually falling in a pocket, e.g. their character arc.

>So many interesting people to follow that isn't them.
I agree, and that's why CA is my favorite arc, due to its fantastic supporting cast. Ikalgo is by far my favorite character of the series, he was in the midst of power monsters on both sides, yet managed to complete his task through his wits alone, and was instrumental to the final parts of the arc. Welfin's antiques are so enjoyable to go through, Shoot was the manliest fighter and ascended for a brief moment, and unlike Yorknew each character was interesting, no jodder mafias to divert attention too.

Attached: 1621723321057.png (600x562, 433.08K)

>Anime
Get out.

12 volumes for one arc is still too long too.
should've been done in 10 or 8
Yorkshin and succession are still better

>and unlike Yorknew each character was interesting, no jodder mafias to divert attention too.
This was the biggest downside to Yorknew I think. It introduced some relatively interesting designs, but didn't do anything with them and instead treated them as bait for The Spiders.
Something the Chimera Ant Arc excelled in was creating new and interesting characters for the world that actually matter, rather than nobodies who are to be fed to the big bad scary group of thieves/murderers.

>zoomer
>absolute kino