This is the most literary a manga ever felt to me. Monster outclasses 99.99% of other manga without even trying...

This is the most literary a manga ever felt to me. Monster outclasses 99.99% of other manga without even trying. Why isn't it as popular as Berserk or Fire Punch, or even Vagabond?

Attached: image_2022-05-31_170302535.png (740x1100, 940.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
niicha.neocities.org/The Psychology of Monster.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The only thing all humans are equal in... is death.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

Are those the only 4 manga you've ever read?

No but they are the ones I commonly see brought up when discussing manga as a serious literary format.

Kino Punchbros...

Why do Monsterfags treat the most trite banality as if it's some sort of thought-provoking profound statement of the nature of humanity? Whoa, rich and poor people alike eventually die, that never occurred to me before!!

>The only thing all humans are equal in is death
No? What is this statement even? People die differently. Be it alone, violently, quietly, unexpectedly, honorably, there's a lot of ways death comes for people. Just because everyone dies, it does not make it the same.

Urasawa is an asshole and doesn't allow good digital scans, and no one's scanned the Perfect Editions

I'm fairly certain that the point is that he is incorrect dipshits. He goes around killing people because he has lost his ability to feel emotions and is genuinely just evil.

Attached: image_2022-05-31_171758427.png (800x1190, 959.6K)

He's saying death does not discriminate

>literally set in a library
I'm sorry but Magus wins this one

Attached: Magus of the Library - Chapter 3 - 14.jpg (1123x1600, 376.75K)

Killing people is obviously wrong. The point he is making with the death line is that we all end up in the same place and same state regardless of any other factors. "Death" in this case is not the act of dying, but the state of actually being dead. Just like the smoothie you drink and the food you eat both end up as shit at the end of the day. This is his justice, a great final equalizer.

>No?
yes? everybody dies, no matter the circumstances

He's not saying that all people die an equal death you dummy, only that we all eventually return to nothingness and that nothing in life has meaning or purpose. It's basically him being a nihilist and taunting Tenma's view as a doctor that all lives are equally deserving of being saved.

>Why isn't it as popular as Berserk or Fire Punch, or even Vagabond?
How new?

It isn't, don't act like it is.

niicha.neocities.org/The Psychology of Monster.pdf

Attached: Johan Liebert 2.png (722x541, 253.83K)

Kill yourself psued.

>literally set in a book
Sorry user, your punishment is reading 100 manga by Friday.

Attached: phositive.jpg (1295x1812, 286.94K)

Do oneshots count?

Attached: Magus of the Library - Chapter 14 - 34.jpg (2133x1519, 924.94K)

You can watch the anime, it's quite good. But the native resolution isn't large.