One Punch Man

Did Murata restore the hype?

Attached: zl14ebfz1j191.png (1078x1727, 1.97M)

I'm looking forward to it, at least.

Hype was slowly returning thanks to Garou, but it's been ruined permanently with the inclusion of the God power boost. Garou was the closest person to Saitama we've found so far, and if his resolve was absolute then there's no reason why he couldn't have reached that level. In fact, the ONLY difference between Saitama and Garou is that Garou is unsure of his motivations while Saitama is not. This culminates in the end with Garou's hollow strength. He is stronger than all the other heroes because those heroes don't have absolute resolve either. Garou's twisted revenge fantasy is more powerful than whatever internal force is propping up their personalities. This is not the case for Saitama. This is what really makes their fight great, and it will lead into Garou's future growth as we already start to see in the webcomic.
By having Garou just get strong thanks to god, that dynamic is ruined. Now, Garou is no different from any other random slob like Homeless Emperor or even the very first antagonist of the entire story. Garou used to be a unique being in the story as the only other individual who may eventually have become powerful enough to challenge Saitama through his own personal growth. With the God boost, that is no longer the case.
Personally, I think the God boost is the single worst change made to the entire MA arc. Completely deflates the whole fight.

This looks pretty cool unironically

He destroyed the hype

He restored the kino SOVL

Looks better coloured, would probably look even better animated (of course that does depend on the studio doing it)

Wait is that garou? He stopped being a jobber?

He's still gonna be a jobber, but now he's jobbing for 2, like a woman pregnant with disappointment

But is Garou still a good guy?

Nope, which is actually a good thing since murata was about to ruin the whole arc by making it go in the cringe way everyone had predicted.
This is actually interesting at least.
bonus points if after the fight saitama and garou fight god togheter

this. there is still a single, posible way it could still be fixed tho. imagine if god's boost controls garou, but in the next chapters instead of fighting saitama he fights god (saitama and everyone around ends up being collateral), forfeits his power all while requiring immense will power and growth to do so. in that case he would defeat yet another entity, become stronger by himself, regain control and then continue fighting saitama. in that case, the story and his character could still be saved from being deflated. i might be on multiple layers of cope but it's all i got.

Okay this could be badass! The God possession being there to boost Garou even more. It feels unnecessary, but that is a way it could circle back around to preserve what's special about Garou.
Sadly I feel this may be his final transformation, with 1 or 2 sub-forms within it. The next scene will be Garou's "Is this me? This is what I always wanted." line from the WC, which leads immediately into his defeat.
That said, we still haven't even started the actual fight! Because we are awaiting the serious table flip.
Personally, I suspect that Garou fighting the S-Class will still happen strangely enough, and that this fight is somehow just getting started.

What is the latest arc even about?

it's still the monster organization thing but it's near the end now where Saitama is confronting Garou

perhaps garou will realize all this stuff after saitama slaps him around again

>implying the hype will ever be restored

Attached: undefined.png (543x670, 314.3K)

Maybe?

Fuck off.

Murata spotted. Have you tried understanding what made the WC great in the first place, Murata-san? Might improve your writing a bit.

there is no hope, it's over

Never forget what they took from you

Attached: c3f027d0ea72c151be19310593fd57fa[1].jpg (600x848, 117.46K)

FUCK