This wasn't as good as Texhnolyze and Lain

This wasn't as good as Texhnolyze and Lain

Attached: 51QAQ9FASML._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 23.91K)

It's that bad?

Kys contrarian

It is in fact way better than both. Especially Texh. Texh is terrible.

I'm not being a contrarian and I'm not saying it's bad, but it wasn't as good as the other two

I'm not going to judge it on a technical level here but the emotions it invoked in me were far stronger than either of those. This anime made me "feel" more than any other anime I've ever seen.

Texhnolyze>Haibane Renmei>Lain

Attached: 1630078718652.png (666x1085, 211.62K)

Redditshi is a garbage character

well

Lain wasn't very good

I'm trying to figure out the name of a green haired cam girl on chaturbate who was obsessed with the Abe trilogy. Anyone?

That's most female Abe fans

>This anime made me "feel"
Grow up. Dumb cartoons for manchildren shouldn't make you "feel".

Where exactly do you think you are?

Attached: 1653224635131.gif (326x280, 77.21K)

Haibane Renmei's message was far more universal and much more succinctly and effectively told than the messages in Texhnolyze and Serial Experiments Lain.

Haibane Renmei makes a statement about how one should live their life, and it's delivered at the emotional climax of the story. The rest of the show spends time building up to that climax, and making the viewer sympathize with the characters and understand the metaphor. The characters and themes are relatable to anyone who has ever considered any issue of morality.

Serial Experiments Lain spends a lot of time musing about a great number of existential topics, but it generally fails to take a stance on any issue. Lain is a "chosen one" protagonist which makes her difficult to relate to. At least, I found her difficult to relate to because my mental issues are nowhere near severe as the ones Lain seems to have.

Technolyze is very stylistically bold and the effort put into the craft of animation is on clear display. It's too bad that it's so self-indulgent with itself that it tortuously draws is point out way longer than it needed to. It's very obviously a two-part anime, but this length does NOT help the overall experience. I'd say it could have been about two thirds the length and delivered the same message about the pointlessness of life and how the struggle is what makes it worth living.

Attached: mami cocona and asuka look at the camera.jpg (1280x720, 138.99K)

Attached: 1638470211382.png (877x291, 60.91K)

This as reasons for why Latin and Texhnolyze are better

it is if you knew someone that died

But I do

They basically speak to different groups

Lain is for the edgy teens that want to escape the mundane normie bland family life and move into the wild untamed cyber life that is amazing and huge but dangerous at the same time, while seeing some consequences for that behavior.

Haibane is more about trying to move past tragedy and still going forward knowing that things can and will be okay, but you have to let it not control or destroy you.

Technolyze is more of a life is what you make it, and things cannot make your life any better, only you can do that.

Nie_7 can probably also be added to this as well with a similar message of things in life can work against you and bring you down but you need to keep trying and keep getting back up. Don;t let others ruin things for you

Both of those shows are fucking awful so Haibane really must be terrible.

I don't know if grandma really counts here

NieA above all.

Attached: 1567312528529.jpg (566x736, 501.71K)

Failing to have an emotional response to fiction doesn't make you an adult, it makes you an autist.