Why is it so great?

Attached: MV5BYWY1MWJjODYtMjk5Yy00OGY3LWFjNjctMjJlMDBiMmI0ODk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (800x1200, 203.04K)

>Why is it so boring?
ftfy

we will find you

Attached: FSZNFl2XoAIVtPB.png (622x599, 592.73K)

>>Why is it so boring?
imagine zooming this hard

I mean, it's pretty impressive in some aspects. I appreciate it's vision. That being said, I don't think it warrants being called a great. It's not really a favorite of mine and it's quite overrated within certain circles. Definitely not bad either. Just a reasonably well made show with some somewhat interesting themes that were not quite as unique for the time as people like to pretend mixed in with some indulgent direction and a running time that's closer to twice as long as it probably should be but it's unique enough in the medium that it got immortalized cult status.

>closer to twice as long as it probably should
Literally every anime so not a valid criticism

Y'all just pretending to like this shit lmao
Ain't nearly as good as Kimetsu or Jujutsu

chainsaw man is going to absolutely destroy both of those

def getting on my watch list
I think it deserves the love it gets, that's just my opinion. It's not like you have to have rick and morty iq level to watch it, I understand that it's complicated and that it can get but you don't need to understand everything to enjoy it.

the manga is out, why not checking it out :9

Even if that were true, it's not any less valid to criticize something as being bad if everybody else does it as well

>Kimetsu or Jujutsu
>def getting on my watch list
>I think it deserves the love it gets, that's just my opinion. It's not like you have to have rick and morty iq level to watch it, I understand that it's complicated and that it can get but you don't need to understand everything to enjoy it.
Oh no, OP.... how many months?

Since you criticize in in reference with the rest of the medium it’s weird to criticize one of the medium’s conventions

how many months what?

>Since you criticize in in reference with the rest of the medium
No, I criticized it in reference to itself and what I think would be the correct running time for the amount of content the show had to offer. This is not comparative to other anime.

And just to be clear, I don't agree with the premise that every Any Forums suffers from the same ailment.

It's ok OP, nevermind. Just enjoy yourself.

I don't understand how the ending fits with the series thematically.

Am I supposed to feel sad that she deleted everyone's memory? What does that choice represent?

no, tell me. I'm curious.

More like why is it such pretentious 2deep4u garbage.

After a long and, much to my chagrin, fruitless search to find a show that has even the slightest modicum of thought put into it, I've just watched this show, Serial Experiments Lain, for the first time. Where it stands the question becomes one to definitely coalesce, but the words aren't so simple to be spoken as such, simply expressed in a form to be delivered in the inquiry that is the core curiosity behind this show which lies in the details of the intricacies of the writing direction as seen in the narrative direction of the story and is encapsulated in its main character, the focus of the story around whom all events and occurrences in the story revolve as well as a figurehead for the central themes of the work and a way for the authors to develop the plot and flesh out the world, Serial Experiment Lain's esteemed protagonist Lain Iwakura, whose mind quite like the work as a whole tends to be an enigma at times though clearly very intelligent, further serving as a microcosm of everything in the show as shown by the parallel obsession of the character with technology, computers, and the internet to an ultimate point of having one's entire being become inseparable from these things much like the show itself is defined by its almost prescient look at technology and its intricate interweaving of electronics with society, which brings itself back down to the protagonist's struggle once more as she experiences difficulties navigating through the tangled web of social interactions at school but seems to have no hardships interacting through the world wide web, hinting at the main character's extremely anischerality which makes sense in the context of many of her reactions to the events that unfold in this story, making Serial Experiments Lain not just a Nostradamic look into the new role that technology has on society but also a pressing social commentary, and I tip my hat to the creators for getting such a powerfully clear message across so succinctly and concisely.

>Copy pasta XD
Fuck off.

>After a long and, much to my chagrin, fruitless search to find a show that has even the slightest modicum of thought put into it, I've just watched this show, Serial Experiments Lain, for the first time.
classic.

Attached: 1652133994879s.jpg (250x250, 6.87K)

Damn, I've never seen this pasta,is it new or really really old?

found it on a 3 year old reddit post

it's not a bad pasta but it's not nearly as long amd empty as it should be to achieve the intended the comedic effect

OP, please just stop posting and take off the OP name, trust me, I'm trying to help.