Hunter x Hunter

Which one should I watch

Attached: C335DE27-3C23-46C9-9658-3EC12E923D61.jpg (739x415, 64.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0cBa1Mjv8qw
japaniac.de/interview-mit-hiroshi-koujina/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The mango desu

Manga

if you really hate reading thenn99 until the end of Yorknew OVAs then swap to 2011 for Greed Island onwards.

youtube.com/watch?v=0cBa1Mjv8qw
you tell me

Both, and read the manga too.

>99 version looks better
What happened

only zoomers think new animation = good
anime peaked in the nineties when cel animation, and directors actually caring about their projects were still a thing

Attached: 1653410550220.png (3037x1069, 2.28M)

READ THE MANGA 1ST
Then watch 99 and then 2011

99 animation has more soul. i should give it a watch someday. only watched 2011.

Attached: 1653398932726.jpg (535x840, 107.75K)

if you're 12 or younger - 2011
if you're not 12 or younger - 1999

japaniac.de/interview-mit-hiroshi-koujina/
>I mentioned this briefly above, but I wanted to make the scenario very easy for people (especially children)
>Honestly, I did not know the manga or the 1990s anime. I was not really aware of the existence of these two works
>Basically, I usually do not watch anime, which is unfortunate, especially if they are interesting.
>In the manga the character kite appears already at the beginning, while his appearance came much later in our implementation for various reasons. To incorporate his performance was especially hard. The whole thing certainly did not run smoothly. If I think too much about it, too many painful memories come up again
>Many fans from all over the world are attached to this manga, including many in Germany. That's why it seems to me that I have neglected these fans and I apologize if I have upset you.
2011 director admits he dumbed down the anime and targeted it for children. Didn't even know about HxH before starting to work on the anime. Doesn't even watch anime but somehow ended up directing one, what could go wrong? Admits he fucked up with Kite and apologizes to people who like the manga and were disappointed by the anime because he knows his adaptation sucks. Will 2011 fags ever recover from this?

Attached: 1608273649946.gif (220x220, 988.43K)

READ
>wordswordswor--
THE
>B-B-BUT
MANGA
>M-Mayb-
RUN

Attached: smile desu.jpg (1024x768, 98.86K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO 11BROS I THOUGHT OUR ADAPTATION WAS TOP 10 ANIME ON MAL THAT MUST MEAN IT'S BETTER AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

pseuds that don't actually appreciate togashi's genius writing can't shut up about 99's look. they're generic shonen fans who love yorknew more than ca because ca's narrator "talked too much".

people that appreciate togashi's genius writing can prefer 99 or 11, but they focus on the writing, because that's what actually matters.

if hxh 1999 is top 1 then hxh 2011 is top 2
Simply because its hunterxhunter. even shitty adaption is better than anything else

Prince benjamin will die in the upcoming chapters

Jesus reading the succession arc now its so fucking well written. unironically. Never seen that level of writing on other shonen

way too much exposition but to be fair it's because he's basically writing a new series and probably wants to speed it up or he'd be stuck in succession war even longer than he currently is. but yes it's easily better than all shonen.

And the elitists prefer the manga over both inferior adaptations.

Neither, is a pretty mediocre battle shounen with a single good arc, is not worth it.

There's literally not a single one that is better than HxH in terms of Battle Shonen.

Yes a bit too much but honestly it feels real. like i could actually see this as a TV show

i understand not liking shounen in general and knocking hxh because of that, but when you pretend hxh is somehow worse than other shounen you lose credibility. you have to at least admit that hxh is better than all other shounen before you can critique it.

>let me repeat the same shit 30 times
>well written

Are you implying other battle shounen are not mediocre?

A giant unexplored planet with an extremely harsh environment is way better than any space fiction.

Attached: brion.jpg (433x378, 37.09K)

i interpret "mediocre battle shounen" as "mediocre relative to other battle shounen", not "battle shounen are all equally mediocre".

2011 because Killua is more cute and because they don't sound like little girls

Certainly, it's extremely more versatile than space thriller story. Also are the gatekeepers even human?

Attached: tgf926dumxi11.png (1014x510, 537.58K)

Will we get Chrollo/Kurapika team up against Tserriednich ?

Attached: Kurapika-and-Chrollo-parallelism.jpg (4096x7353, 2.2M)

other battle shounen authors don't do parallels as subtly as togashi does.

>Kaite... i'm sorry
>sorry? Sorry for what?

Attached: and they have sex.png (618x896, 140.93K)

HxH world never having advanced aircraft was apparently a foreshadowing of the planet being unexplored. That's a good detail to notice.
The gate's sign looks like Kurapika's skirt sign (also resembles the bottle sign from Kurapika's one shot backstory), if they're somehow related then the gatekeepers are probably kurta people.

Kurapika is going to end up leading the successor version of the Phantom Troupe after all/most of them are dead.

They probably will work towards a shared goal but I don't think they'll ever team up together.

Attached: Pika.jpg (736x1099, 138.95K)

Anyone telling you 99 is just being a contrarian and nostalgic. 2011 is much better though the start isn't too good. They also avoided a key element in the first episode. I say watch the two first episodes and then go with 2011. The one thing 99 has over 2011 is OST.

They were stated to be a magical beast clan.

I want Kurapika to make fun of Chrollo when he realizes all his friends are dead lol