Upon retrospect, we can all agree this is Miyazaki's finest, right?

Upon retrospect, we can all agree this is Miyazaki's finest, right?

Attached: MV5BNTZjMDc2N2UtZTdjZi00ODljLTgyZmEtNDljZDAwODY4NDVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg (2000x3000, 2.45M)

user you don't have to be a contrarian just because you're on Any Forums
it's ok to admit that spirited away is his magnus opum

I like kiki and howls castle more but its up there

Spirited Away is the premium vanilla ice cream of Miyazaki movies. Everyone likes it, but it's bland.

Porco Rosso is a deep, dark chocolate ice cream with a hint of rum essence. It's a mature, yet vastly superior taste.

Future Boy Conan

Never seen it, but why is the soundtrack so good?

You have literally no excuse to not watch it.

Objectively it's top five, but in my heart it's #1. I'd still defend Marco as best Ghibli protagonist of them all. Shibui old guy in period aviation duds with a tragic, heroic past who's also now a cute little piggy? The best.

Attached: 26909339.gif (540x292, 1.45M)

I'm Italian and this movie offends me.

Why? It's a testament to a piece of your country's history that forever will live on in the hearts of moral men.

Miyazaki is overglorified

that's literally what italians look like

I'm italian and this film doesn't offends me

For me its Fios big ass

Attached: p.jpg (1920x1040, 586.52K)

It's incredible how Miyazaki nailed the attitude of a Mediterranean woman 100%

Porco Rosso pays homage (rips off) to Casablanca and is literally nostalgiabait. The movie can't pick one theme to stick to. At one moment it's about war guilt, the next it's about the art of designing planes, the next it's about macho rivalry, the next it's about fascism. It's all over the place and Miyazaki does this sort of thing a lot.
The Wind Rises is Porco Rosso done right. It's not good when it becomes revisionist history regarding Jiro's wife by copying a novel, but it captures the core themes Miyazaki tried to put into Porco Rosso and focuses on them, instead of getting distracted.

You'll understand it as you get older.

>man makes movies so good that 35 years later people are still disputing which one is his best work
dog bless this man.
Mononoke is the best one.

Attached: 1567572769527.jpg (690x690, 71.98K)

better to be a pig than a fascist
your duce was a clown.

>rips off Casablanca
What a silly way to start off your rant, is this what passes for legitimate criticism these days?

Porco Rosso's variety is just one of its strengths. It doesn't dabble in this and that, it takes all the ingredients and mixes them harmoniously, in which they're all encapsulated by something larger than them. The context of Marco's past is encapsulated by his current character and anti-fascist motives, the movies revolves around this character which uses planes and interacts with a fictional world where there's a lot of planes, plane pirates, plane contests, this in turn contains the arc in which Porco fixes his broken plane and Fio proceeds to redesign it. It doesn't veer from one aspect to the detriment of another, it keeps all its themes running concurrently and simultaneously, supporting eachother in informing the narrative and worldbuilding.

Attached: Porco Rosso.jpg (5760x4096, 3.95M)

>The Wind Rises is Porco Rosso done right. It's not good when it becomes revisionist history regarding Jiro's wife by copying a novel, but it captures the core themes Miyazaki tried to put into Porco Rosso and focuses on them, instead of getting distracted.
But the Wind Rises is nothing like Porco Rosso.
The Wind Rises is about creating something under certain external constraints (that is, making anime).
Porco Rosso is a film about nothing in particular, it's really a proto-iyashikei.

It's magnum opus

Porco Rosso was 1 thing short of perfection; a final arc where Marco goes back to human form and has a happy ending with her.

Attached: Gina.png (1920x1024, 1.61M)