Obscure hidden gem 10/10s

Never judge a manga by its cover, Holyland is S-tier. And I hate sports manga.

Attached: Holyland_(manga)_vol._1.png (274x375, 167.36K)

Holyland is now an obscure hidden gem?

Many people think it's ugly as sin so they don't read it, which makes it somewhat obscure.
In my opinion only the colored covers look shit, but the manga itself is just fine and the art matches the tone of the series. It's a fun read, but I wouldn't say it's 10/10, maybe a strong 8/10.

the ending is complete garbage and taka is greatly under utilised. 7/10

Attached: kasane-14.jpg (353x530, 41.19K)

As far as I remember, Holyland was a mediocrity consisting of a boring MC fighting barely-a-character opponents while the side characters stood there explaining random unimportant trivia about the kind of punches MC was using and stuff.

Might as well post picrel if Holyland is considered obscure.

Attached: BAKUON_RETTOU.png (2160x1520, 1.3M)

Loved Holyland. I really wish I could just go out and beat the shit out of motherfuckers

Holyland is fucking terrible.
The art is solid, but the manga itself is pretty disappointing.

>I really wish I could just go out and beat the shit out of motherfuckers
you can. the only thing stopping you is the retaliation which shouldn't be a problem unless you're a weakling (like half of Any Forums) or unless you pick on some kind of thug who doesn't mind going to jail

Attached: 1645987823200.jpg (263x215, 32.07K)

Attached: 1640771402208.jpg (460x651, 94.06K)

Now THIS is a secret manga.

Oohh I remember reading this over a decade ago. It unironically inspired me to get into MMA fighting.

No

Attached: 3.jpg (1366x1943, 536.34K)

>It unironically inspired me to get into MMA fighting.
I hear this kind of stuff all the time, like this got me into X hobby or this made me switch from karate to taekwondo. I wish there was any manga or anime that could make such a big impact on me.

You need to read the right manga at the right time in your life in the right mindset. I read Holyland when I was a depressed lonely teen and the story struck deep with me.

It should be more popular. Very good Seinen.

Attached: red.jpg (800x1140, 205.21K)

Pretty much. The writer is just not capable of very good stories, as evidenced by his later works like Suicide Island. There are some okay parts but overall the manga never really goes anywhere meaningful. Anyone who holds it in high regards just needs to read more.

i dont understand what could ever motivate me to read a sports manga

i just dont care...the idea of being in sports is more than a lifetime away from me

the great thing about manga like holyland or kokou ni hito is that the actual sports aspect is secondary, just a means, to the psychological themes and cahracter development

forgot the pic

Attached: e97b34b8e60666a88a401369e06ec42a.jpg (662x754, 124.57K)

he looks cool, picked up

I'll never touch this because of the author's current work