Healer is the weakest class and thus despised by everyone in isekai

>healer is the weakest class and thus despised by everyone in isekai
Why do healers need to be strong again? Shouldn't their main job is to heal people instead of fighting?

Attached: 1653824586774.jpg (1840x1364, 789.54K)

They’re pretty strong in Morrowind, absorb health is a game changer

The author is trying to be meta about how readers/viewers tend to find healers boring, forgetting how over in the real world, most military units have deep respect for medics because they know how important they are. Like you said, healers don't need to be strong, this is fucking stupid.

because in a world of magic spells and potions, a shiny red bottle can do their job and save on food and munitions that would be wasted on someone who can't fucking fight

It's explained in your fucking image that there are other classes that heal better than the dedicated healer class you dumb fuck retard cunt

>a shiny red bottle can do their job
Which costs 20 silvers each while the healer's wage is only 5 silvers and can be used multiple times.

Clussy.

Attached: 1653779453503.jpg (1432x2048, 1.23M)

Kill fairies before they kill you.

Attached: 20220530_192544.jpg (786x1122, 229.23K)

Attached: 740.jpg (1307x1920, 431.93K)

Attached: 29888345.png (234x469, 98.65K)

I don't know but I hate that meme. Healing magic should be put on a pedestal in any sensible setting. It shouldn't even be compared with combat classes because it literally isn't.
Isekai Mahou Okureteru actually understood that and had the guild girl get excited when MC said he could do healing magic.

I wish translators would use Cleric instead of Priest when talking about RPG classes.

It's just a lazy way to set up your "underdog" story where it turns out that the "weak" class is actually the strongest or at least critical to the group working well.
Kinda like stories with support mcs who are masters of tying to shoelaces, but the arrogant hero kicks them out because that's uselss, and then the hero and his group die due to tripping over their shoelaces in combat

seija musou does this well
healers are hated because they’re jews. they’re a huge cabal and collude with each other to keep the fees for healing beyond what anyone could reasonably afford

I'm still waiting for the isekai where dumb DPSers are scorned

Medics are so respected that targetting medics in war is universally agreed to be a war crime.

>Isekaid into America

bofuri isnt an isekai obviously but mmoshit is basically next door

I like how in Otome Survival light magicians were incredibly valuable for their healing abilities to the point of the guild trying to protect naive newbie light magicians from being exploited by seedy parties so the MC uses her light magic as a honeypot to get close to her assassination targets.

Chinese blessings

Attached: FTmWWY_UUAAZMEL.jpg (1440x2048, 762.28K)

Healers should embrace the slutty nurse aesthetics.

Attached: 1652935405396.png (1131x1608, 843.13K)

Isekai writers truly have no original thoughts anymore huh? What goes through your mind, writing something like this that has been done 5 billions times before? Got damn.

>What goes through your mind, writing something like this that has been done 5 billions times before?
Gonna make rent somehow, might as well just do the generic isekai thing

>Why do healers need to be strong again
Because that's what line medics, your IRL closest equivalent to the party healer, are. They're strong as fuck and have all the basic responsibilities of your regular soldier but on top of that need to carry additional medical equipment and make sure their platoon doesn't bleed out in the middle of the battlefield.

But of course since most isekai operate off of RPG logic where you must hyper-specialize or become useless healers categorically cannot fight for shit (unless the MC loopholes himself into being good at everything).

You have to remember, most of this isekai shit is just based on fantasy which is based on 2000s era fantasy mmos/multiplayer games. And the problem was that in most older kr/jp/cn multiplayer games, the healer class was added as an after thought so that your gf, little sister, ect had something to play while tagging along with you while do actually play the game. Mascot summoner classes fullfilled the same role. It's a relatively recent phenomenom that healers are now allowed to dps, do solo play, and be useful. So theres this kind of cultural stigma attached to healers in western fantasy games/settings.

In the first gen of some online multiplayer games, there werent even dedicated healer classes. It would just be generic magic users that could pick up healing spells or you spammed potions for self heals. And in those early games that did have healers, they could only heal and MAYBE do some kind of anti-undead skill that was100% a useless gimmick without some serious metagaming.

>but in the real world

Yeah, medics and doctors are amazing in the real world. But fantasy world rarely follows that logic.

Don't forget most of these stories are written for and by frustrated guys whose fantasies is being considered weak and useless just to reveal they are actually the strongest.
Though I would like something about a healer who turns to evil because his party is a bunch of fucking retards who don't even bother cleaning their wounds because the healer will fix it, ie play on the "black company employee" aspect of being a healer in a mmo.

> Why do healers need to be strong again? Shouldn't their main job is to heal people instead of fighting?
The thing is, what a lot of these stories forget is that no one man can do everything. It's always the group working together for the win. Look at any D&D party, everyone is of a different class. No one guy is more important than anyone else.

Saying that the Healer is 'weak' is just part of the persecution fantasy. The issue is that D&D never had healing-only Clerics, the Cleric is actually one of the most powerful classes (Since he can wear heavy armor, fight pretty well, and has magic equally as potent as the Wizard.)
But these stories basically want the protagonist to be persecuted without actually doing anything wrong.

There's one where the TANK is scorned.
> The Exiled Reincarnated Heavy Knight Is Unrivaled in Game Knowledge
I mean, what? Why the fuck

because the guy had shit for stats to actually facetank with

Interestingly, I've seen this in ghost RPG Wraith the Oblivion. In that game, the healers are called 'Usurers' (i.e. Moneylenders) because they transfer life force and energy after taking a cut. No-one likes them, because they're greedy Jews and were in fact founded by a Jew.
In contrast, the actual Clerics are called Pardoners, and are quite well-liked. But the class everyone hates are the guys who tamper with memories (Mnemoi) and emotions (Solicitors), who are kill-on-sight.
A Solicitor can do really sinister shit like making you fall madly in love with the grenade he's just tossed, even though they consider that kind of manipulation to be rather gauche.

>But these stories basically want the protagonist to be persecuted without actually doing anything wrong.
What's especially dumb is that there's plenty of more realistic reasons for an MC to be persecuted. Like, you know, being a foreigner who doesn't know the customs of this new land?

Or you know, maybe the MC is kind of shithead who frankly has it coming
> "I can't take this any more, I can hear him jerking off in the next tent every time we make love, Hero."
> "I'd rather die of poison than let him put his greasy, cum-smeared hands on me"