Pretty bored, want something new to read. Is Gantz any good? What kind of person would enjoy / dislike this?

Pretty bored, want something new to read. Is Gantz any good? What kind of person would enjoy / dislike this?

Attached: Gantz_vol._1.png (263x375, 121.32K)

Gantz is a clusterfuck, but an enjoyable one at that. The last arc is kinda sluggish though but the main 80% of the manga is a fantastic ride.
Also Tae is best girl. Fuck that bimbo Reika.

Good to pass the time, just disconect your brain and enjoy.

Based Flat lover, Tae is absolutely best girl.

Dont.
Final arc is long, boring, gorey(to the point where someone who isnt queasy at gore may feel sick), and a pain to read.
The action sequences in the beginning are okay. But honestly after space vampires everything feels boring and a bother. Id recommend just not starting with it.
If you are really that interested, just read the part with Izumi and the shooting. Its hilarious and dark highlight in that stupid manga.

It's like a reality show where people can die.
it's worth reading for just the action scenes and maybe the nudes.
don't expect anything deep.

Gantz is arguably one the 3 best mangas of all time, don't trust these contrarians. The last arc is the mega climax-peak of the whole story and it is nothing short of amazing, trust me.

This, it's enjoyable trash. If you want a gory edgy seinen manga you'll like it even if it makes you cringe occasionally

Them digits though.
Gantz is glorious and it has the best action panelling in Manga.
Don't listen to the faggots in this thread. It does get weird towards the end, but it's nowhere near bad enough for dropping a series.

New chapter of Gantz:E is TL'd. Looks like it's doing the Shiva Alien fight again. Wonder if short hair girl is gonna die like Kishomoto.

Just finished rereading Gantz and I'm not sure I would recommend it.
The characters are pretty boring, especially the female ones. They are one dimensional as fuck and exist for the sole purpose of showing some tits, ass and falling in love with the first male character they stumble upon.
The action scenes are good at least, but it's so cringe how they went for the shonenshit moralfag route of "I will save my friends and be the hero everyone needs!!" "We can't destroy their ship, they are people just like us!!".
Other than that there is not much to say. It tried to touch onto some philosophical topics like the meaning of life, with a little existentialism here and there, but on a very superficial level.
It's like a 6/10, user. It aged like shit.

someone that enjoy chips and manga

when i maratoned it it took me a few bag of chips i remember it fondly

It's like an action flick. Easy to digest but feels like you're eating empty calories.

Hmm if most of it is enjoyable then that's good enough to make me want to give it a read.
So if I actually take it seriously I won't like it?
Sounds like the ending is what most people don't like about it?
Sounds good!
Interesting
If it's enjoyable how is it trash?
Okay cool! I really enjoy good paneled action sequences and I am assuming people blow the ending out of proportion like most manga endings.
I really don't mind 1 dimensional characters in manga if something else in the manga makes up for the lack of solid characters.
I love chips too, how long of a read is it exactly? I can eat a whole bag of family sized chips in one sitting. And no I'm not fat actually.
Hmmm if the action is great then I'm down to read it.

Attached: 0011-002.jpg (1028x1600, 497.43K)

It's one of my favorite manga. Shame the anime was so bad, the arcs after the anime are much better anyways and they're the peak of the story for the most part.

I mean you can try to take it seriously but eventually the joy of the series will drastically take a dip if you keep trying.

>Hmmm if the action is great then I'm down to read it.
If you are looking for action then you will love Gantz, user.

383 chapters so i guess a bunch of them.

Vampires btw

Is Gantz dialog heavy? 383 chapters of constant talking is going to be way longer than 600 chapters of minimal dialog. How quick of a read is it?

I read it in a day. It goes by quicker until the end.

It's pretty enjoyable with some kino parts but the final arc is kind of meh

Attached: gantz.jpg (1280x897, 536.96K)

Nah, it's mostly action, you can probably read it full in less than 12 hours if you try, but it still has some chapters with ton of dialogue

>Also Tae is best girl. Fuck that bimbo Reika.
First person i've heard that thinks this

>Good to pass the time, just disconect your brain and enjoy.
Gantz is deep you faggot

This, i really liked the development of the mc. i was tired of the nice-guy/white-knight mc that does what is expected from a normal human being, but for some reason makes him get a lot of pussy. the moment he tries to bang the suicidal bitch just for giving her a place to stay but she refuses and he loses his shit hooked me into the manga. and the progress from that to crying over the thought of tae never having existed made me love the manga. still i think reika was an unnecessary character and made just to masturbate the otaku fantasy of having an idol gf

This. Also based.

Because he has shit taste.
Both characters have no personality but at least Reika is hot.

Also based

Nah, it's mostly mindless fun, it's deep as a concrete wall, despite that I like Kurono's growth a lot.

Your post will age like shit.