Has your taste changed as you read/watch more anime and manga?

Has your taste changed as you read/watch more anime and manga?

Attached: Suzuka - 01.mkv-00.00.36.995-#1.jpg (1024x768, 507.7K)

I used to watch whatever was popular when I was first getting into anime. Now I only watch shows that don't include heterosexual romance.

I watched a lot less anime during the last few years except 'You're under arrest' during military service and Urusei Yatsura afterwards but I've found myself not being able to stand the few seasonal shows I tried to watch. I don't know if I've simply outgrown the kind of anime I used to watch or if the new stuff is just trash.

I used to watch only mecha but now I mostly read (outside of originals and the occasional movie). And most of what I read nowadays is shonenshit.

I would say my tastes haven't changed as much as they've fluctuated, and considering how many series I haven't watched let alone heard of, I've no qualms about mixing up genres or demographics. That being said, I've noticed that some genres are better suited to specific demographics. For example, most shounen Romcoms are more entertaining and better thought-out than their shoujo counterparts, with far fewer exceptions. A good example would be the OP, because Suzuka and A Town Where You RAGE are both terrible romances in their own right. Coincidences and misunderstandings are just really stupid, and in Suzuka the MC forms a relationship with the actual best girl but ends up getting with Suzuka because of reasons

No it only gets worse

Yes. The more I watched the less I liked. Haven't finished a series in years

My main interest has changed from excellent art to very cute voices, so I've consumed much less manga this decade than previously.

You know now that you mention it, I haven't read that much manga at all recently. I prefer anime, but there are lots of excellent stories that haven't been animated yet that might be worth checking out.

I mostly read/watched battle shonen stuff until around 2012 where I kind of took a break from anime and manga for a few years. Contributors to that being burn out with One Piece and Jojo rescans (for parts 4 and 5) being slow at that time. When I picked it back up I started branching out to other stuff. I don't even really know what my taste is at the moment though. I just find manga that look interesting from a variety of genres, though I did after resuming with anime and manga get into slice of life stuff a lot. I mostly read monthly manga, and don't watch too much anime, though sometimes I'll find something that looks interesting enough to watch.

Attached: ShimejiYomi2.png (426x967, 307.73K)

Ive been finding myself liking more niche stuff.
And surprisingly its not for the reasons I thought it would. I love the shonen tropes of friendship, not giving up, and stubborn hot blooded heroes.
Its the inability to kill, the lame villains, and the feeling of purposely sticking to a formula, not out of love for it, but mandate by an editor.

If you haven't seen it, I've been pleasantly surprised by Highschool DxD. Tits aside, although there are plenty, it's actually a pretty competent shounen.

I used to read and watch isekai, shounenshit and romcoms, and thought think they were peak.
Now I mostly stopped watching anime and read manga, mainly average-to-slightly above average comedies since I can't find any manga that I find interesting

I went from shonen to pussy romcoms to based shonen again

Attached: tumblr_muwd9ll3g41sprdo1o3_1280.jpg (728x1093, 233.72K)

I liked kuudere's and nadeshiko when I was in elementary school, then as I got older I wanted more dominant and strong women

I used to watch things that were manime, now I only really watch cute and funny girls doing cute things and other comedies.

Forgot to add, manga was the same. Now I just like cute girls doing cute things and comedies.

yeah I don't watch much shounen anymore, it's tedious and repetitive and I hate how popular it is compared to stuff that is genuinely good and not just "a new monster has appeared!" garbage like Demon Slayer
these days it's usually slice of life for me and any kind of romance that involves depressing stuff like Oyasumi Pun Pun or Ai-Ren

PunPun is extremely depressing why the fuck do you think it would ever go mainstream. It's well known in the more hardcore community which is enough for a series like that, plus a anime adaption would butcher the artstyle

Yes. In my teens I read and watched exclusively yuri, harem and incest anime. I took a long break after becoming a senior, and now in my mid 20's I hated some of the shit I watched as a teen and now watch just about anything including some seasonal shit, FoTM(excluding the x10 of whatever genre is currently popular like isekai) and 70~00's anime. Made a list of a couple hundred "classic" anime that I've heard of but never watched, leading me to get hype before starting each one e.g Cardcaptor, TTGL(finished it today and loved it), Kill la kill, Gundam 007th, GiTs, etc.

you are a faggot

it's in the top 10 of the highest scored mangas in MAL and it's got more readers registered than stuff like FMA or Slam Dunk

the only thing I mentioned that could possibly make you call me a faggot is Demon Slayer being shit, which it is, no doubts about it

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 05.06.58.png (1352x1327, 357.76K)