Frieren

So how long until this series gets anime? It's already selling over 500k per volume and there is more than enough material for 2-3 seasons. What are they waiting for?

Attached: 0045-001.jpg (1115x1600, 343.72K)

The anime was announced a while ago, user

is it good?

Attached: IMG_20220529_185517.jpg (346x581, 99.63K)

the formula is starting to wear a bit thin in my opinion. It's charming at first but after a while it gets quite repeatitive and the more lore focused mini arcs are hit or miss.
Also fern is a bitch

Not confirmed yet.

Current arc started meh but last few chapters were 10/10.

In my opinion it's really good. It subverts the fantasy genre, most specifically the hero's journey.The manga starts with the demon king being killed by the hero. The party then disbands and the elf who is the mage of the party goes to waste her time for 50 years before reuniting with the rest. Thing is that time passes and the hero is now your typical small frail old man and everyone is past their prime, except for the mage who is practically inmortal. The hero dies from old age and in the funeral the elf is one of the few who doesn't cry as the 10 year journey she had with them was nothing compared to the 1000 years that she lived. After being confronted for it she cries, as she noticed that she didn't know anything about the hero despite him considering her an important friend, eventually she embarks on a journey to retrace her steps during the 10 year quest to slay the demon lord

The market is already saturated with elves.

Needs to have a romance.

It has one, just not with Frieren

Why the fuck would a story like that need romance?

Her husbando is dead, what do you expect?

>subverts
Opinion discarded. Nice paragraph tho

You are literally brainwashed into thinking that anything employing a certain word/concept is bad. Seek help.

Why engage with retards?

That's... that's not subversion you fucking muppet. That's continuation, and taking a deep dive into the psyche of a long lived race and why said characters may tend to be emotionally distant in stories that feature them. Subversion of the Hero's journey would involve the Hero learning nothing from it, or the Demons being the good guys all along.

Get your terminology right if you're going to act like a pretentious hack.

I stopped reading after realizing that it wasn't gonna end anytime soon, even though the premise made it feel like something that should have ended after like no more than 30ish chapters. I forgot what chapter it was that made me drop it but I think it had something to do with elf girl outsmarting some psychopathic demons in a city or some shit like that.

And now I just checked and realized that it's at chapter 93 already.

I like this premise, I'll give it a read.
It does sound like the type of premise that should have a movie-lenght, or maybe a movie-trilogy lenght.
I mean it seems kinda obvious where the direction is going so keeping it short and sweet would help.

It's So-so.

I would say it's a fresh take on the genre, but...
>subverts
wut

I enjoy it.

Attached: mimic.png (1114x1600, 669.42K)