Thoughts on Tokyo Ghoul?

Thoughts on Tokyo Ghoul?

Attached: Ken Kaneki.png (992x554, 246.42K)

Attached: 1653838066900.gif (360x568, 1.01M)

the original manga is okay, re isn't. anime a shit

The manga is a masterpiece and is one of my all time favourites, haven’t watched the anime but i heard it’s a butchered adaptation.

I’m mostly talking about the original manga by the way, still haven’t finished re yet

The single most misrepresented piece of media of all time

Attached: Sweetness.png (418x613, 245.46K)

Manga is good, though it could have been much better, if author was less a schizo or had an editor with guts. Anime is disaster outside of few things.

How did they fuck up the anime so badly?

I read it because the art is pretty appealing, but I felt like events happened too suddenly and I ended up not giving a shit about any of the characters except Shuu and Urie. Kaneki going through several designs to reflect his changes in character was cool though.

But i have to say, So far re is on par and sometimes even better than the first one, i hope the ending isn’t as bad as people say

Original is a strong 8.5 for me with few sloppy parts, though I don't know if I would still rate it this high after giving it another reread after years.
:RE is the definition of wasted potential for me because it started out really strong imo. with arguably higher peaks around the halfway mark, and then it gradually got more rushed and everything was put to an halt in the final arc. I don't think the ending is that bad like many people claim, infact I think it wrapped up things pretty conclusive and I liked seeing everyone getting their individual epilogue (except for a few). It feels like he has a better outline for his current work and I must say I've enjoyed the early parts more than TG, so I hope he keeps this momentum and doesn't half-ass it again.

He lost

I got bored of it around the part where Kaneki meets the pedophile guy

So I started reading TG recently as I'm thoroughly enjoying CJX so I thought I'd try out Ishida's prior work. I'm about 30 chapters into :re and fuck me it's been a slog reading this series. There's a couple of really fucking cool moments in original, mainly involving the Owl shit towards the end, but everything else has been a chore if I'm perfectly honestly. The most gratifying thing about reading this series is seeing how much Ishida's art is improving as the story goes on. But the panelling, flow of action, general dialogue etc. stands to be a lot better and has become incredible in CJX. Perhaps I cucked myself by starting with CJX.

Gay

Attached: r.jpg (480x600, 52.57K)

Attached: A54EC98B-17B9-40E3-B0D0-63D01FCA070C.jpg (828x1202, 258.08K)

It's always nice to see Edgy manga done right from time to time.

People on COD Black Ops 3 used to use Kenaki's face as their emblem lol.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 106.65K)

You're even at the better parts of :Re, so if you already don't enjoy it just drop it honestly. Though I think Rose arc (the one you are at now) as well as the one that follows are pretty good overall. I'm also enjoying Choujin overall more than this, but if you want something similar in tone, check out his webcomic which is pretty fucking underrated in the West

Are you referring to Penisman? Never read it since I figured it'd just kinda be lol gross humour

>not spinning
Effects don't work then, cope