Never read or watched Cardcaptor Sakura, just vaguely knew the story and characters

>never read or watched Cardcaptor Sakura, just vaguely knew the story and characters
>friend of mine started buying a new edition of the manga and lent it to me
>read the first few volumes
>fourth grader Sakura is in love with high school classmate of his brother's, thought it to be fair enough for classic shoujo/mahou shoujo
>Tomoyo is in love with Sakura and able to distinguish between platonic and romantic love for the same gender at 9 years old
>both Li Syaoran and Sakura's brother are also in love with the latter's classmate
>one of Sakura's classmates is secretly engaged with their adult teacher
Ha ha ha, what the fuck? Did the anime tone down/remove all of this? I always thought it was for little girls, parents would have had an awkward time explaining this stuff.

Attached: Cardcaptor-Sakura.jpg (1280x720, 124.14K)

>I always thought it was for little girls
Yeah, that's standard shoujo stuff. Expand your horizon, newfag.

not your blog

Attached: 1197492949374.jpg (600x800, 132.33K)

I haven't seen most of this stuff in Precure or other mahou shoujo for little girls. Even Sailor Moon is way more tame.

I'm talking about the contents of a manga.

Heh.

Attached: 76235227.jpg (613x1000, 339.15K)

>Did the anime tone down/remove all of this?
No. It's in the anime too.

Attached: 84316883.jpg (1000x998, 296.98K)

>>one of Sakura's classmates is secretly engaged with their adult teacher

I didn't watch that far yet, but from what I heard it seemed the anime kept the classmate's crush but not the teacher actually reciprocating. Think everything else is still in there.

Attached: EPvBHRh0_.jpg (756x1000, 99.27K)

You need to understand that a 10 year old girl understanding of love is very different from an adult and even a teenager. Daughters often fall in love with their fathers, I remember crying when my mom said I couldn't marry mine. This is because at this age their concept of love is very innocent and pure (normally, in a healthy family). Sakura being in love with Yukito and Rika with Terada is extremely realistic.
CLAMP said they don't care about age or sex, mostly because when they write love they write this idealized version of love that is only present in a little girl's heart, and they pair characters based on their chemistry and compatibility. There is nothing sexual about this form of love.

From the pov of a healthy 10 yo those relationships make complete sense.

I see. In the manga the teacher waits for the little girl to be alone in the classroom and gifts her an engagement ring.

Attached: chris-hansen.jpg (450x626, 34.06K)

Attached: 80562110.jpg (2894x4093, 2.67M)

Did Sailor Moon had any underage girl/older male pairings?
Precure and Sakura have them but I don't remember if SM did.
By the way, I always thought Mamoru was older. Turns he isn't even 20.

Attached: 0906200e.jpg (1695x3000, 874.13K)

The largest gap in Sailor Moon is just Usagi/Mamoru and it's 13/18 IIRC. When she gets to high school he gets to university so it's nothing special.

Sailor Moon anime kind of pushes it more compared to the manga. In the manga Mamoru's in high school, while in the anime (whether because of the crew legitimately not realizing or someone being into this I guess) he's in college and like 18. The 4-year age difference itself isn't completely weird, but somehow the anime makes it feel gross not only because of "legal adult dating middle school student" but also having Usagi literally say her student handbook forbids that kind of relationship, one of Mamoru's friends calling him weird for dating middle-schoolers, etc. It's like the anime itself wants you to find it weird and if so, mission accomplished.

In the first season there's also Usagi's friend Naru with Nephrite, who doesn't have a defined age in the anime but looks at least in his 20s or 30s. In this case it's more like "Nephrite uses grooming techniques on an underage girl in order to manipulate her for his own (non-sexual) purposes" but Naru was definitely interested in him. When he gets redeemed because of her love for him I think it's played more as "Naru made him realize humankind is capable of good" instead of him actually having a legitimate romantic interest in her, but others could maybe interpret it differently and he dies like 5 seconds later anyway.

There's probably a few more similar relationships but I think those are the most prominent age gaps.

Thanks for the answer.

Attached: EWAvl35U8AEXBwD.jpg (1298x920, 119.8K)

The difference between in school and out of school will always make things more awkward than the actual difference in age

>but also having Usagi literally say her student handbook forbids that kind of relationship, one of Mamoru's friends calling him weird for dating middle-schoolers, etc. It's like the anime itself wants you to find it weird and if so, mission accomplished.
What I find especially weird about CCS so far is that Tomoyo's mother calls Sakura's father sleazy for being a teacher who married his 16-year old student and yet there's also a teacher engaged with a 9-year old girl. I hope he can keep it in his pants at least until she's out of elementary school.

Tomoyo's mom just has it out for Sakura's dad because he prevented her from getting with her cousin

Goddamn CLAMP. Horny old women

Attached: 20211003_114327.jpg (661x627, 25.66K)

The fiend. Just let adults marry their underaged students in peace.

I stopped paying attention to Precure years ago but has there ever been a more based series than Y5?