Anime and manga burnout?

If anime and manga is a medium like any other entertainment. why does it have the most burn out rate? A lot of people tend to outgrow anime or lose interest overtime. average tends to be a couple years.

Even this board activity has been a bit slower and doesn't seem to gain permeant anons despite the increase in western fanbase.

Attached: Anime_2812657.png (816x957, 50.67K)

>implying

Might want to slow down with the ridiculous generalizations there buddy.

implying what?

I've always found something that I've never seen before to watch. I guess that it will eventually end though.

>dude like, why are people less inclined to be active on Any Forums when more than half the catalog is shonenshit?

I guess perhaps most people don't really look beyond the most popular stuff which tend to be battle shonen

falsities

this, blame this on the low quality spammers

What's false? the board point is easily lookable and objective. the dropoff you can see it, there's little people who kept watching from over 10 years

Lol no.
Not how it works

Anime have different genres for different gender and age demographics.
Those who got tired of shounen simply moves on to seinen.

And mind you, it is often said that Any Forums's activity during 2012s was massive more active than today. But guess what? It was massively overladen with shitposters
It was the mods and shifting culture that kicked them out and kept the gatekeeping on a strict standards - leading to a drop on activity.

If were actually here during the 2010's, the board was virtually unreadable

Attached: I+never+said+it+was+perfect+it+does+have+a+_cbed4f36d1ff0e3e4ec5da83ce577592.png (275x200, 21.79K)

A large percentage of the anime fanbase (Any Forums included) don't actually like anime and just follow it because it's the hip thing to do. It's easy to burn out on something you don't actually like. People who follow dozens of shows per season tend to be at the forefront of burn out too.

It doesn't help that anime tends to lack definitive endings too due to a lot of it being adaptations of some source that is too long to fit into 12 episodes. And even originals try to have twists at the end that fail and cause shitty and unsatisfying endings. Jumping from one series like this to another on an endless loop contributes to burn out.

>Anime have different genres for different gender and age demographics.
>Those who got tired of shounen simply moves on to seinen.
Yes that's my exact point. but most people or casual watchers don't really go into that. Most people who stick around go into different genres as the years go by.
I think this is the reason why people burnout and quit as they don't like shonen and shonen is the only thing that gets mainstream popular.
>And mind you, it is often said that Any Forums's activity during 2012s was massive more active than today. But guess what? It was massively overladen with shitposters
Um. are you seeing the board now?

>Um. are you seeing the board now?
Yeah. Retard threads like these that are only tangentially related to Any Forums get to stay up while the mods do nothing. What does this say about the state of the medium?

I'm sure my single topic is not ruining the board as much as the constant shonen generals and bait threads. but sure whatever eases your mind

>why does it have the most burn out rate?
It literally doesn't. Show me you calculations that prove it has a higher burnout rate then comics/video games/cartoons etc.

Shonenshit threads cater to their fanbase and offer a place for people of similar interests to gather and share. This garbage thread full of retarded assumptions has negative value.

Shounenshit is far more on-topic for Any Forums than all the off topic ecchishit image dump threads that always derail into 3dpd talk

Attached: 1630671879163.png (400x400, 252.88K)

the average lifespan is on industry book, i don't know how it compares to others to be fair. but i don't think video games have similar burn out rate since its massive and still growing further
It is a single thread about anime and manga, a discussion. If its garbage you can hide it.
shonenshit takes over half the board with filters. Not sure why you're seething so much

I don't talk about my favorite series on Any Forums because I hate most people who post about it when it comes up. It's not very popular and no one understands it the way I do so there's no point in discussing it with idiots who don't even have half the understanding of it that I do.

>its massive and still growing further
So is anime/manga unfortunately. The thing is I don't burn out since I don't care about the medium. I only care about 5-6/ series that I like to discuss and rewatch. I will never burn out.

i read manga till i get sick of it, then i read western comics till i get sick of them, and then i go back to manga. i'm not even reading any manga rn, i'm just reading peanuts