I am 6 episodes in, when does it gets good? So far it's no different from your typical shounenshit...

I am 6 episodes in, when does it gets good? So far it's no different from your typical shounenshit. Heck Naruto and Bleach had much better starts.

Attached: hunter-x-hunter-2011-5b06b0fe6b483-631x900.jpg (631x900, 118.32K)

Never, now fuck off.

It doesn't, it only gets more pretentious. Cope.

>I am 6 episodes in, when does it gets good?
It's good from episode 1. If you don't like the arc, and you don't have the patience to wait for the "good" parts, just read the manga
>So far it's no different from your typical shounenshit.
That's not a bad thing.

HxH is fucking terrible. All the praise comes from redditors and Twitterdrones

It gets good at episode 1 and gets worse after 148.

You fell for retards defining their personality around this "hidden gem" they could create some prestige around due to how seldom it's updates are. It's well below typical shounen. Its storytelling is unbelievably sterile and borderline self-congratulatory with how thoroughly it explains itself. Mangaka typically leave little to the imagination, but Togashi puts his peers to shame. Watch the overarching story take on the shape of water running through your hands, as being a Hunter is a meaningless moniker intended to aid Togashi's stream of consciousness. You have one good arc in Yorkshin. Then one interesting experiment in the latter half of Chimera Ant, where Togashi turns his biggest weakness into an active challenge to the rule of "show don't tell" by creating a scenario where a story almost has no choice but to break down all the chaos detail by detail. While kind of novel it's also something I'd never want another story to emulate.

But whatever Hunterfags can tell me why it was so profound how Meruem learned what pattern recognition was from not-shogi and that's literally all the detail we get about the actual strategy. Because if Togashi actually defined how Netero's powers worked, and the restricted actions of his conjuration, then the author would have to genuinely write a clever resolution to all the fucking words he dumped on his audience. Just like how he vomited out a power system for an entire arc and followed it up with a lead character whose powers can be anything. Or how he dedicated a large chunk of story to Palm's transformation into an ant but idk she got over it five seconds w/e. Or Killua being perpetually noncommittal to genuinely taking action but oh cool it was just a needle in his head damn what a payoff. Your story is not clever for blabbing my ear off then providing unsatisfactory conclusions to your blabbing.

If you want a real answer it gets good at episode 20

Attached: 1652560003798.jpg (819x1114, 169.55K)

Ehh, I don't like Hunter x Hunter as much as most fags, but I'll give it credit where it's due. I think it does a good job being serious when it has to be, animation is pretty solid for being like 10 years old, and some of the fights are pretty dope.
>Hunter Exam arc
It's okay actually
>Zoldyck Family arc
It's short as shit, it's meh
>Heavens Arena arc
It's okay
>YorkNew arc
It's good!
>Greed Island arc
Dogshit, one of the worst arcs in HxH
>Chimera Ant arc
Long ass arc, it's almost 1/3 of the whole anime, most of it is trash, with a few good moments.
>Election arc
Short ass arc, and most of it is trash.

Episode 1. Just drop it. I don't want you to shit up the fandom by being one of the guys who praise Yorknew arc while shitting on everything that came before.

If you are a man in your 20s why are you watching children's cartoon?

stop watching 2011, watch 1999 until greed island starts, then switch back to 2011

You fell for the worst meme this site ever came up with.

>Dogshit, one of the worst arcs in HxH
Shit opinion detected, Greed Island is one of the best arcs in H×H, possibly just behind Yorknew.

>it's good from episode 1
Do you mean one of the most rushed first episodes in anime history?

GI is leagues ahead of Shitmera though

I hardly watched the anime, I mainly read the manga. I know they skipped over the Kite shit, but I don't remember any major issues with the first episode

>I don't want you to shit up the fandom by being one of the guys who praise Yorknew arc while shitting on everything that came before.
How are they shitting up the fandom if they are telling the truth? Hunter exam was okay, Zoldyck family arc was too short and Heaven's Arena was tedious.

I dropped the anime then picked up the manga, manga pacing is much better and the art is better to.

the entire first volume is a set up to trick you into thinking it's normal shonen.

First arc is pretty bad in anime form and much better in manga form, rest is pretty much fine in the anime.

but its good right from chapter 1 and really takes off toward the end of the first arc.

Gon vs Hanzo is when it gets good

>it's generic on purpose!
>it's bad on purpose!
Not that i hate HxH but seeing people using this cope on every thread as a response to every criticism really gets tiring after a while, i'm sure Togashi could think of a better way to convince people that this is not your average shonen manga than making things generic on purpose.

I actually agree with this, there is a lot of nuance in many aspects of greed island and I particularly enjoyed gon's and killua's nen refinement/discipline