Any Forums sings - Motteke Sailor Fuku (Lucky Star OP)

Deadline is August 17.

If you want to join, here's how to:
>Record yourself singing the song without adding any effects or editing the audio
>Submit said recording by uploading it to catbox or vocaroo and posting it in the thread, or by directly sending me the recording through email at [email protected]

Feel free to scream, shout, talk, and or sing like an autist while doing this song. In fact, I encourage it so that we can match the song's energy. Also, if you can and want to, sing the backing vocals to the song. It's a bit more work, but it'll be fun.

Here's the starter pack for the song containing the lyrics, JP lyrics, original song, and instrumental:
drive.google.com/file/d/1ag-XONSw2MHistZLLw5SK9UqZcO8bWRF/view?usp=sharing

In case you don't want to download the starter pack:
>Original Song
youtube.com/watch?v=ieQ1rAIjzXc
>Instrumental
youtube.com/watch?v=7fbLyQS9yVs
>Lyrics
animelyrics.com/anime/luckystar/motteke.htm
>JP Lyrics
Look at the post below this one

Have fun!

Attached: 1653359302393.gif (300x250, 499.23K)

Here are the JP lyrics.

Attached: Scan 02.jpg (1416x2854, 3.02M)

I'm not singing Japanese, I barely know English, and it's my first language.

Sing English then. Repeat after me: "I buy sausage"

You're not even a tripfag.

Attached: 1653324010946.jpg (557x750, 333.75K)

Attached: 1653621532663.png (612x642, 488.89K)

Attached: 1645218980857.jpg (500x568, 54.05K)

An ambitious choice.

Attached: 1635009598281.gif (500x553, 228.75K)

Attached: 1653339087562.jpg (1360x768, 139.29K)

Let's fucking go

Attached: Lucky Star - Episode 06 - Fixtures of Summer.mkv_snapshot_04.47.943.jpg (1920x1080, 232.56K)

I'm watching this show now, just finished ep 8, and this has been the best episode so far. Konata's attempts to appeal to pedophiles, along with the juxtaposition of her dad later on, are pretty funny. I feel like I need encyclopedic knowledge of anime between 1970 and 2007 to understand the references, and tons of background on Japanese culture that I don't have. It's cute, and occasionally funny, but I don't know how westerners can adore this so much without those two things.
Mainly I just wanted to bump though, because the OP is hands-down the best part of the show. Followed closely by Lucky Channel.

there's probably a wiki for every episode references.
this show hasn't aged too well imo. I tried showing this to a friend with bad results. I kept falling asleep and my friend couldn't find the humor or girls bareable.

I did a warm-up run and my throat is sore already. Help me Any Forums.

Attached: 1417965243166.jpg (490x457, 74.6K)

>friend

Attached: 1438820231657.jpg (560x510, 105.87K)

>朋友

Attached: 1631940469177.jpg (768x798, 85.32K)

There's a series of posts on Reddit where someone has done a lot of work sourcing and explaining things. It doesn't really change my enjoyment of the show, but it's fun to look up after each episode, and think "ah, so that's why she made such a strange comment and then it cut immediately after".
>bareable
To be fair, they don't show much skin, no. But I think the characters have good personalities, except maybe Tsukasa, who is quite boring. I think she slows down almost every scene she's in, and a more dynamic 4th girl could have done a lot. At least, as far as I've watched.
The humor is just kind of... slight? Sometimes a whole scene exists just to set up a "but Konata, don't you leave your textbooks at school all the time?", and then Konata makes the teardrop face and does her ugghh sound and it moves to the next scene. That joke is done over and over, and isn't very funny to start with, so it really isn't worth how much time it takes to set up.
Some of the running jokes are good though - I like the "haha, but it's so smellyyyy~~" cuts and hope they continue. The teacher is hot as fuck, but I doubt the show is going to satisfy my fanservice desires.
The last time I saw this picture, many years ago, I hadn't seen either show. Now I find it very funny, although I think they could have picked something other than Lucky Star. It's slice-of-life, but the references and things are sometimes pretty clever; there have to be much dumber shows than that out there.

>although I think they could have picked something other than Lucky Star. It's slice-of-life, but the references and things are sometimes pretty clever; there have to be much dumber shows than that out there.
Do I have to explain the joke?

Drink lots of warm water, and try some honey. That helps me when I have a sore throat.

>The teacher is hot as fuck
Damn, I forgot about her. Yeah she's great.
>That joke is done over and over, and isn't very funny to start with, so it really isn't worth how much time it takes to set up.
My issue is I forgot how low energy the show is. They keep rolling out these plain jokes around a dull atmosphere that I find it rough during longer sittings.
But there's some comfy nostalgia looking at the various references and trends of the time, sorta has a different context looking back at it now.

Attached: 1636779220813.png (1280x720, 1.37M)

Ah, that's actually even more clever. What a great image.
>plain jokes
Was the show perceived as particularly funny in Japan? I find a lot of their humor to be rather flat, but I don't know if it's because their humor is genuinely weaker, or if it's because the foundations of it (like doing something awkward in public) are just inherently less amusing outside the context of being raised and living in Japanese society.
From what I can see in little bits of forum exchanges, a fair number of people seem to find the conversations and characters extremely relatable. As in, "laugh out loud"-level entertained by the conversations the characters have because of how similar they are to conversations the watcher has had in real life. I don't remember having such inane exchanges with friends except, maybe, in elementary school.