Why did her anime flop? would she benefit by today's standards?

Attached: image_2022-05-29_075813823.png (1024x1592, 1.1M)

Did it really flop? Even when I wasn't too big into anime/manga, I knew about this one.

Rias knock off

Attached: 1456552368411.jpg (984x984, 103.25K)

We can have both, different flavors~

>shounen
>manga 2009
>anime 2012
At that time, it was hard for a new shounen franchise to gain traction, I think omly Fairy Tail and Soul Eater managed to gain massive traction.

*only
Medaka Box should just get a reboot

Attached: 1473330256093.jpg (1000x1300, 166.71K)

It had 2 seasons, how is that a flop?

the best parts never got a chance to get adapted since anime flopped

Anyways, I have no idea about Japan bit in the West it was a kind of quieter era of anime, I guess Medaka would be more successful now with the whole streaming thing???
I mean, Medaka was never hard promoted in the West in the same way Naruto/Inuyasha/FMA was so it's not like Western audiences could have somehow saved it.
I suppose this means Japan didn't like Medaka THAT much?

*but in the West

that's exactly the case iirc, she wasn't very popular since she fits into the superman archetype, surprised the manga lasted for so long

It flopped because of general burnout on the shonen front and because the beginning of the plot is noticably poor and yet that is the only part they were able to get licensed to produce. I feel like it would have stood a far stronger chance had it properly speedran the first part of the manga up to Kumagawa in Season 1 and then moving through the Minus arc in S2. Instead they chose to put the shit before Kumagawa accross two whole seasons which was a huge blunder.

It would probably suceeed now since the shonen market isnt as saturated these days and people are liking different things to general powerlevel battles that used to dominate that space.

Her manga was great desu

It was.

>It would probably suceeed now
I think Medaka Box needs some sequel manga or spinoff manga running in 2022 to justify a reboot anime. Then again, FMA and Dai no Daibouken managed to do just fine without that.

more like the studio flopped

Medaka was a franchise with no direction.
It started as a some kind of sit-com, and when the author realized he was going to get axed tried to turn it into a crappy shonenshit.
In the end is a forgettable product no matter how you look at it.

It would definitely fly nowadays.

It might start be terribly forgettable in the beginning but once Kumagawa shows up it's anything but. The whole thing reads like a well crafted shitpost against generic shonen tropes and even against shonen jump. Ending with a message about dropping your chuuni bullshit as you grow up and having a wonderful confession sealed it beautifully.

kinda weird to thing this show was animated by gainax of all studios...
ok it was 2010 gainax but still

Kumagawa didn't show up until the end.

Like they give a fuck about who pay them and for what...

Best part of the series started just as the anime ended.

I still think she's one of the hottest girls ever, Akira Akatsuki did a great job on her
Too bad the story is contaminated with metashit and poorly done expectation subverting. It's like if Chainsaw Man was written by a retard