How will Ufotable fuck it up?

will we get another Heaven's disappointment?

Attached: The-Legendary-Visual-Novel-Moutsukai-no-Yoru-by-Type-Moon-Getting-Animated-Film-by-Ufotable-is-Animated-by-Legendary-Visual-Novel.jpg (1918x1080, 176.26K)

I don't care about the adaptation, I just hope the VN gets translated sooner.

Unofficially eventually officially never

>type-moon
it's already doomed

If HF is any indication, they won't have any internal monologue.

>Heaven's disappointment?
HF1 and HF2 were better than expected though. The dream scene in particular is a prime example of how you do a great adaptation.
>aware of the CG bottleneck in the VN medium
>keeps the original idea
>takes stylistic liberties
>multiplies the shock value
>highly entertaining for VN readers

Stuff like that only works well in very specific circumstances in movies and shows. When you are reading something you dont have to worry about pacing or to an extent tonal shifts but when its a visual media having a bunch of monologue gets in the way. Nobody wants to have a scene get totally stopped for 30 seconds so the main character can blast the viewer with dialogue about what hes thinking at any given moment. There are some points where it is unavoidable but generally showing whats going on is better than pausing all of the action on screen so someone can read it to you like you are some kind of child.

I guarantee you that no one who watched the HF movies but didn't read HF realize that Shirou was literally frying his brain and memory every time he projected with the GARm

>will we get another Heaven's disappointment?
probably but who cares
the VN will have an official translation so there is no reason to watch the adaptation

>The dream scene in particular is a prime example of how you do a great adaptation.
It's one of the worst scenes of the trilogy. Sakurafag director went and whitwashed her madness with "she was just dreaming lol".

I like the adaptations, but Shirou's reasoning is somewhat lost in the VN -> anime translation. If you can't read this thoughts, he's just doing crazy shit because ???.

>Sakurafag director went and whitwashed her madness with "she was just dreaming lol".
Absolutely wrong. It was and is absolutely crystal clear that she is insane and that the "dream" is only visual storytelling of her insanity.
You faggot don't understand "Show, don't tell".

Do you stop the action everytime he projects something to have Shirou blather on for ages about whats going on? Or do you do something even worse like having an actual narrator bore the audience instead? There will *always* be concessions made when you adapt something from one form of media to another. Its painfully obvious from the way the movies were edited than whenever he tapped into the arm that it really fucks him up and thats enough for the movie to function. Its fine.

Its still explained in the show but much more subtly and less often than in the VN where its beaten into your skull with monologue constantly because it can get away with it.

Yeah, this happens in the VN. It's something like "Oh I'm hugging all of these creme puffs!" or some shit with a black background. Then it fades into her killing some dude.

There's a few things better in the adaptations
>tracing Herc's labors before using Nine Lives
>Archer completely btfoing Hassan
>Zabaniya looks lewd as hell (at least the one against Kirei)
>I'll catch hell for this, but I prefer movie Kyrie Eleison with the simple light and church imagery. He's more brutal in the VN but it's less... religious? and I think Kirei is best when they're properly balancing his devotion and his sadism.

Attached: Herc.png (2251x1437, 556.16K)

true Kirei Eleyson was Kino, but an Amen at the end would have been better IMO

Anime only here. Its was pretty obvious.

Herc is a shounen protagonist
>Nemean Lion can't be marked by any creation of man
>so he instead wrestles it until it tires out

N-not like this, JOPbros...

Attached: static-assets-upload2617427867096326388.jpg (755x1634, 333.39K)

>AIIIIEEEE GRANDPA TOUKO IS BEATING ME WITH HER SUPERIOR TALENT AND HARD WORK CAN YOU TASKETE ME PLEASE I NEED THE CHEAT POWER THAT COMPRESSES SPACETIME SO I CAN FINALLY BEAT HER
>Heh. Nice try, Touko. You're an idiot for thinking you could compete with me.

Attached: file.png (1120x1440, 1.63M)

I liked the heaven's feel. Who cares about stupid internal monologue, I came here for fight scenes and ufotable delivered