Just finished the Tokyo Ghoul: Re Manga...

Just finished the Tokyo Ghoul: Re Manga. I remember hearing a lot of bad things about the later half but I really enjoyed it. Why was there so much butt hurt about Re?

Attached: 71HFzyOO52L.jpg (1400x2008, 236.08K)

Because Ishidas health got bad and started rushing it in the final parts. You can see the art getting worse too. Wasn't bad but the ending was a little too happy ever after too fast with the fate of several characters ignored.

Ishida is making a new manga atm called Choujin X you should check that out if you liked this.

I was suprised with how happy the ending ended up being but I'd say Ishidas art really had me going until the very end. I absolutely loved his art style and the world he built. The worst part about finishing a series is missing out on the world. I'll check out Choujin, haven't heard much about it at all.

Attached: Screenshots_2022-05-29-01-16-00.png (816x1167, 1.17M)

good job

Underwhelming but for all of us that followed Ishida we understood. It's funny that while being the biggest Togashifag he's the anti-togashi when it comes to work ethic as he overworked himself.

He is making his new manga at his own pace but is already releasing multiple chapters a month

There were bunch of charactersfags who got salty over their favorites being killed/shoved aside or just being jobbers, and ended shitting on the threads until the series ended

>Why was there so much butt hurt about Re?
I wonder...

Attached: peak fandoms.jpg (1000x930, 305.94K)

Fujo buttblast was great. They saw kaneki ogling rizes cleavage in chapter one and still expected him to be gay.

Thing with re is not that it was too bad per se, just that after part 1 it was definitely underwhelming
The beginning was meh, it picked up sometime around the chapters where the little girl ghoul and the sperg police dude that got turned into a ghoul appeared, eto vs kaneki was kino, then it went into meh mode for like 150 chapters where there was this feeling of nothing happening despite many things happening to many characters so it felt like filler. The only thing of interest i remember happening after eto vs kaneki was kaneki fucking touka and arima's death which happened waaaay later.
Kaneki's development as a character got old and stale, we saw his evolution pretty well in the first part, but in the second it felt like he regressed and just kept going around in circles with his idea of stylish suicide. I guess as a consecuence of all the bloating in terms of characters the focus on the individual ones we came to care about the most through part 1 got too diluted.
Following it weekly definitely didn't help, at least if you binge it you can just speedread the boring parts

I am also genuinely convinced there is overlap in angry Re fags and SNK shipperfags.

In hindsight I liked the early parts of re. It had that sad kino.

Attached: touk.jpg (576x574, 139.6K)

yea, I could agree with that.
The author did kind of blow his load with part 1, and after that, he seemingly didn't know where to go with the story for a long time.

And it didn't help that he was rushing it due to poor health.

True, and he was also working in Jack Jeanne around that time period

etofags

I really liked Haise

Not an etofag but even I was a bit turned off by the the way she was offscreend

I agree overall but I'd say that I still enjoyed large parts of Cochlea up to Kaneki getting declared as the OEK, despite there already being flaws in the writing ( for example, Eto being allowed to freely roam around). I just liked the final moments of Arima and the parts with Black Reaper so it was still exciting for me. After that, you could definitely feel that Ishida just wanted to get to the end because lots of stuff got offscreened which was not very typical of him. This is just speculation but I also think he simply hadn't planned that far ahead. Everything up until the OEK reveal, the things that were foreshadowed and set up followed a common thread. But most of the other stuff was most likely improvised and Ishida writing by the seat of his pants. He jst pitched his manuscript to his editor and nobody knew it would get that popular, and who knows how much of it was really his idea or just editor meddling. His new series feels much more like a passion project and iirc. he doesn't have an editor there, just like during his time working on his WC so maybe he's one of those rare cases that can work more efficiently without someone looking over his shoulders. We will see

The final arcs were a trainweck

it had good moments but was mostly just too uneventful, was also not a good idea to sideline MC for 15 chapters or so