OMIGOSH HE CALLED ME BY... MY NAME

>OMIGOSH HE CALLED ME BY... MY NAME
Really Japan?

Attached: [YuiSubs] Aharen-san wa Hakarenai - 09 (x265 H.265 1080p),00_21_42, 0002.jpg (1920x1080, 234.09K)

low test gooks all over the world.

You're autistic

You not understanding another culture doesn't mean there's something wrong with that culture.

but they're 100% right about handholding. It'll completely fuck you up if you aren't prepared for it

Attached: 1635292028391.gif (500x281, 989.04K)

But he isnt wrong. Just because a culture is "different" doesnt make it good, even as a trope

What about cultures where female genital mutilation and child brides are fine? What about the culture of Nazi Germany? Are those fine?

>other countries have...DIFFERENT CULTURES?!?!?
Really America?

Attached: gems are pathetic.png (464x699, 197.06K)

American culture is the only culture you need.

>You we’re outside while it was raining, that means you have to come in my house and take a bath

>characters have basic human interaction
>oh my god this is such a trope!

OP? Yes he is wrong. Him not understanding the significance of a thing does not mean there is no significance.
No, and I never implied they would be. Accepting different cultures that do things differently does not mean there are no problems with other cultures, Japan included. But what OP is complaining about isn't even fucking confusing, it's obvious from the common use of family names in any given anime that using a given name implies a closer bond.

>noooo you cant just shit on retarded stuff from another culture, you have to accept and understand it

It also doesn't make it bad.

How is it retarded, dude? Explain it to me. Tell me what is dumb.

yes to both

I kinda understand, it always makes me grin whenever a girl calls out my name, but I don't shut down compared to anime girls.

>understanding another culture
sometimes i think japs dont even understand their own culture
like the whole "don't stand out" shit but then idols exist
or the anti fat shit but then sumos are great athletes

Well user this might be shocking but life isn't a game with some strict ruleset.

Cultures have a tendency to contradict themselves
Though in Japan's case being influenced by the west didnt help

idols get shit for standing out too much compared to other idols, and when not on stage
nobody fucks with sumos because yakuza own the whole sport biz, same reason nobody fucks with racehorses

What about it is retarded? It's a linguistic formality meant to express familiarity or closeness and the trope involves a character being happy that they've made tangible progress in a relationship with someone they care about. We have the same thing in the west with situations like a person becoming emotional when a stepchild addresses them as mom/dad or an employee being excited about getting on a first name basis with a superior. The Japanese just extend that formality further to different areas of life.

Parents give their children great names. Use them.

Do you think parents don't use their children's names?