Sailor Moon

How do you design a character as cute and iconic as Usagi Tsukino?

Attached: 200px-Usagi_Tsukino_Sailor_Moon_-_Anime.png (200x366, 69.34K)

You think "what do I want to fuck?" And then your pen moves on its own.

a woman designed her

Attached: 89fb2795c5f28fe76c31ae5bab739ec3.jpg (400x473, 36.91K)

She is just candy candy updated for 1995

Just like ONE made OPM an upgrade to anpanman

Give her a unique hairstyle, I guess.

So that's why she lacks character

You give them a good personality and solid characterization that all work together with it. There are many characters in forgettable anime that are forgettable because they went off of this mindset without considering what the character themself would choose for their hairstyle, etc.

She does

Why are Usagifags so rare?

there's plenty in oldfolks homes, same as sailormoon girls, their era is over.

Other girls are superior

A girl like her only comes along once every 100 years.

based and lorepilled

I'm an Usagifag but I'm leaning toward "only the anime version" lately. I feel like the first volume or so of the manga is generally endearing and clearly what the anime drew most from (along with a bit of Sailor V maybe), then she gets like narratively cucked/nerfed for the rest of that arc the instant Venus shows up and nothing about it is fun or enjoyable, unless you're a Venusfag I guess.

I haven't watched Crystal but I feel like probably the only person who'd enjoy the deviation of Moon killing Beryl instead.

her hair style, it was unique back in the day it first aired

>their era is over.
We could have made a comeback if only crystal had been any good

>unique hairstyle
Takeuchi just gave her a hairstyle she herself wore frequently at the time.

Usagi gets way more attention again in the manga for the Black Moon arc (the R season). Then it's mostly the Outers for Mugen (S) and then the Inners again for Yume (SuperS). But Stars is very Usagi focused again.
Overall, the Usagi/Mamoru romance is much stronger in the manga than it ever was in the anime. Ironically, for the anime it's arguably at its strongest in the first half of R (the Makaijuu "filler" arc that has no manga counterpart).

Think of a girl who is smart, talented, and composed. Then when the character you're writing does something, make sure it's the opposite of what that girl you're thinking of would do.

>talented

Attached: talents.jpg (720x540, 60.56K)