Why is hxh severely lacking in real stakes?

Why is hxh severely lacking in real stakes?

Attached: asspull#556.png (1334x808, 684.34K)

You'll have to elaborate on what you mean by stakes.

Because its just Togashi's sandbox

Any sense that the characters are in real danger.

Eh, HxH along with KnY are probably the only shounens where sometimes i genuinely worry for the main characters because their opponents are usually much stronger than heroes.

>HxH
>Stakes

But why? Theres no real danger.

I think it does have that though, and establishes it pretty quickly when Hisoka starts murdering everyone during the hunter exam. You know that of course Gon isn't going to die, but he's regularly put in extreme situations where he's hurt badly because of it.

He breaks his arm so what? He has super healing conveniently.

You need to understand the difference between something being at stake and something at stake being lost. More often than not when characters are fighting their lives are on the line. These are objectively high stakes.

>More often than not when characters are fighting their lives are on the line
This is maybe true but you know the important characters will always make it out with little to no long lasting problems like. So no, these aren't high stakes.

I'll try rephrasing your argument - you feel dissatisfied because main characters are able to make it out of high stakes situations without permanent injury? Is that it? What would you have instead, the characters get killed off or crippled? You're complaining about how Gon shakes off his major injuries from fights with Hanzo or Gido after a month of rest. Should he have never recovered? Lost his arm instead of broken it? Should he have taken a year in the hospital instead of a month?

OP, can you give us examples of shounen with stakes?
I don't know any shounen besides HxH that not only deprives its MC from all of his power as a the price of using a very powerful technique but also devolves an entire arc to saving the MC from half of the horrible consequences of the use of that technique. I always thought that it was enough stakes, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong with examples of shounen that do that better.
Care to give me some?

Attached: 1578775939-risitas-classe.png (350x263, 84.2K)

No my problem is that even if they die they come back to life like OP pic. Gon loses his arms against the bomber only to be healed 2 minutes later.
>What would you have instead, the characters get killed off or crippled?
That would help. But better to not tease crippling someone if you're going to cheaply fix them. Now I know that even if they get hurt it's no issue. Which is why there are no stakes.

Can you define what you mean by "stakes"? The stakes of the Chimera Ant arc is litterally to protect mankind from an extremely dangerous species but maybe you're using an other definition of that word.

Oh ok, so having stakes in a manga is having your MC being crippled after a fight, or else that fight has no stakes, go it. Can you give me examples of shounens with stakes? I'm really interested in reading them.

because togashi should have published it in a seinen magazine so he didn't have to pander to dumb kiddies

akame ga kill

This is a seinen.

So yeah, you'd rather injuries be permanent and for characters to "die when they are killed". That's fine. Why is this not the case for Hunter x Hunter? I imagine it's both a mix of demographic (that kind of thing is uncommon in shounen manga) and that the world Togashi's imagined is sufficiently magical for those kinds of things to be avoided.

Don't put words in my mouth.
>Can you give me examples of shounens with stakes?
That's my point. HxH is as bad any other shonen despite its fanbase insistence otherwise.

it's a shonen, and a shitty one at that

Gon litterally loses his nen after defeating Pitou and, as a consequence, loses his role of MC. What do you call that?

>loses his nen
No he returns to normal. He still has nen.

>Don't put words in my mouth.
user, I'll put my dick in your mouth if I feel like it and you'll suck on it with a smile if I say so.

Attached: 1637352099750.jpg (816x816, 60.68K)

>arcanefag
Gross.

>Arcane bad!
>Yeah? why?
>b-b-because!
Being an edgy contrarian on an anonymous website stopped being cool after 2006 user.

Attached: 1637180839557.jpg (1026x816, 118.51K)

And just to add to this with my own opinion, despite knowing that characters will make it out okay I find the high stakes battles thrilling and their consequences still have impact. Hanzo snapping Gon's fucking arm was brutal. I know it'll heal, and I know Gon will earn his hunter's license at the end of the day. But that doesn't inhibit my enjoyment because it's well written and exciting to read.

Cool. Now go back arcanetranny.

I'll stay here. Watcha gonna do?

>I don't know any shounen besides HxH that not only deprives its MC
He returns to normal.
>also devolves an entire arc to saving the MC from half of the horrible consequences of the use of that technique. I always thought that it was enough stakes
You mean where they magically wish him to full health? Dragon ball has arcs for that too.

Damn, so a manga cannot be good if the MC does not end up crippled for life at some point of the story. These tastes are very specific. How many mangas do you like?

>reading comprehension

Attached: .png (437x276, 104.37K)

Enjoy your stay tranny.

character's integrity and morality is often at stake in HxH but I guess that's too nuanced for battlekids

I'm litterally repeating what you're saying bro. Why are you dodging my question like this?

But what saved Gon's tainted morality?

>hes just realizing that he has been shitting on hxh for stupid reasons and is now in a corner when asked for more specific explainations
kek, it always end up like that

This is a retarded thread, but I'm enjoying this. Keep going.

>resorts to bad strawman
Keep coping. How about you try repeating what I said exactly.

Why didn't you reply to my post?

>don't hurt your characters if you're going to just cheaply heal them without any lasting result
>hunturds: "oh so you want to permanently cripple them??!1"
Braindead.

Attached: file.png (622x622, 459.93K)

If you think HxH is lacking in stakes you should read MHA or BC