Something about Gon is deeply unsettling, but I can't put my finger on it. Is he a sociopath?

Something about Gon is deeply unsettling, but I can't put my finger on it. Is he a sociopath?

Attached: cgznv4oeafa71.jpg (640x480, 28.28K)

He's gay

>fatherless
>god-tier genes
>raised in a rural environment

Being gay isn't unsettling though

He seems like he’s strangled a few small animals, yes.

Attached: 1629359815608.png (1018x834, 665.1K)

Gon doesn't deserve Killua as a friend.

Gon is an /ss/ chad

Attached: EeZBptMUMAIb16E.jpg (750x1157, 135.54K)

Yes, since it is hard for the author to write characters that actually have coherent psychological portraits yet make the plot move forward at a rapid pace as expected of shonenshit.

He fucked boats full of cougars

fpbp

Most characters in this series actually are.

A sociopath wouldn't get so angry on the behalf of others. Gon is just crazy.

He's not willing to compromise, a trait that makes him dangerous to himself and others around him. HxH takes the often romanticized idea of unwavering will to its extreme. Compare with Meruem, who is willing to change and reconsider the goals that he was deliberately made to pursue.

Yes.

>shown to be capable of empathy
>virtually incapable of lying
Not a sociopath. He's just selfish and stubborn to an extreme fault.

He's extremely autistic.

hes poorly written

He's mentally ill. You just don't see it early on because he's also a happy go lucky person.

He's OK and friendly with characters who are known mass murderers and he's willing to block emergency medical treatment for an innocent little girl in order to make his enemy come with him to try to heal a corpse that clearly can't be healed and doesn't warrant any special urgency given it's been a corpse for months already by that point.
Also if there's some world threatening danger he can stop but only in a way that doesn't involve his idea for a fair fight then he will demand the danger be brought back.
Basically he isn't very heroic in the traditional sense and is instead has his own weird principles he goes by. But also he isn't like the typical Cable style 90s comoc book antihero either because his own principles aren't overtly edgy. Instead of being a loose canon who ultimately does the right thing he's just a little off in his priorities and decisions.

Where did the meme that Gon is a sociopath / psychopath come from?
He acts like a totally normal person. You think most people have an established moral code that they follow? Fuck no.
Gon acts like most real life people.

Attached: chimera-ants-0.jpg (600x359, 167.63K)