With Top Gun's release and positive reception and with Ace Combat surging in popularity again do you think we'll be...

With Top Gun's release and positive reception and with Ace Combat surging in popularity again do you think we'll be seeing any more fighter jet anime any time soon?

Attached: Area_88_act_III-X264.AAC.2_0005462357ms.png (800x600, 473.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=10wV05aNu9o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Ace Combat surging in popularity
What? Since when? AC7 didn't really push the series into popularity.
>fighter jet anime
I think the animators would need to get copyright for all the planes, so not happening unless fake planes are used.

Attached: 1454714712240.jpg (720x472, 63.7K)

I doubt it. I love planes of all kinds, but I'm afraid even if they did get popular, 95% would be 3DCG

You think you want that but you don't.

Attached: CGshit.webm (640x360, 2.35M)

I wish Project Wingman didn't run like ass in VR.

>What? Since when? AC7 didn't really push the series into popularity.
This, haven't noticed much of growth of AC popularity.
>Top Gun's release and positive reception
Every major movie release gets positive reception at the first day. But then many people realise that it's actually crap.
Still waiting for full Area 88 adaptation with high budget and rocking sountrack to compete with every 80s audio release meant to support the OVA (that be complete soundtrack and additional disc of thematic songs)
>CGshit.webm
Planes are not so bad here. Characters are worse.

>Planes are not so bad here
And the show actually does a decent job of focusing on the planes and dogfights rather than cgdct shit, so it's a rare case of CG being used appropriately rather than out of laziness. Plus the story was surprisingly good.

This it will be c.g shit. The inudstry doesn't have talent anymore.
Kys c.g apologist

I think I threw up watching this

>positive reception and with Ace Combat surging
>surging

Isn't a plane flying belly-up a non-recoverable position, or is it different with small prop planes/jets?

Remember to buy gripen

>And the show actually does a decent job of focusing on the planes and dogfights
I dropped it soon after they decided to make no difference between 20 mm cannon and 12 mm machine gun. That would be Ep.3
> it's a rare case of CG being used appropriately rather than out of laziness
The only time CG wasn't painful was Gundam The Origin and Gundam Unicorn.
>Plus the story was surprisingly good
I can't say much about the story, but basic concept was pretty much taken from Crimson Skies.

Anime would look better if they paid more to animators than to voice actors

as long as the pilots are 2D i dont care
youtube.com/watch?v=10wV05aNu9o
a lot of area 88 looks really janky

Attached: 93b9f080-fe1d-40c9-a7f6-0abe196fe538.png (1088x1061, 1.44M)

closest you're gonna get is the area 88 ova

If animators were paid $500 per second of drawing but voice actors are paid $50 per recording session would you be happy? Its a trick question since voice actors aren't paid a lot on a per job basis yet the absolute top 0.1% stars of the industry make so much due to compounding paydays

I remember when this game came out and thinking it looked really fun, makes me want to get a Wii

Post stall maneuvering is such a cool concept. Too bad pretty much everything in media shown doing post stall maneuvers can only recover after a stall in reality.

possible surge in macross popularity after this?

Attached: illust_65633536_20210914_184958.jpg (2480x3508, 576K)

>I think the animators would need to get copyright for all the planes
Oh shit, I actually never thought about that. Then I suppose my only hope would be if it was a US government funded propaganda piece which I wouldn't really mind either

Hopefully.

How soon til Robotech releases a proper followup to the macross saga?

robotech is shit created by greedy jews

>US government funded propaganda piece
It would just be the F-35 shooting down sukhois, MiGs, and chink planes. But that's ok, Sukhoi and Mig planes are shit.

Attached: 1441576688583.jpg (1198x800, 221.54K)

You say that, but I loved this show.

Attached: 1550429217838.webm (852x480, 2.69M)

You can talk shit about Suck-hois
You can talk shit about chink planes
But you better keep my planefu's name out of your god damn mouth, you understand?

Attached: 500px-A-Aika_22917.jpg (500x360, 26.94K)

>F-35 ad campaign but it's a full 25 episode anime
Would watch, desu.

*AHEM*
THRUST VECTORING RULES THE SKIES