This shit is stupid good. Why aren't more people watching it outside of Japan? Outdated animation?

This shit is stupid good. Why aren't more people watching it outside of Japan? Outdated animation?

Attached: c40e2bba-9593-43b0-b92d-d1a02eb4b79a.jpg (900x1600, 640.41K)

It's ancient
It doesn't hold up so well
It's fucking old

>it doesn't hold up well
Like visually? The story and chracters I feel are kind of iconic. It is like calling Star Wars outdated.

Are Zeonoids aliens like Protoss? I heard that Zeonoids have no butthole unlike Earthlings and never poop.

Attached: 551F7C24-8609-4BBE-8FBE-D749F916D6DA.jpg (751x408, 46.74K)

>It is like calling Star Wars outdated.
That would be an accurate statement.

Wow I guess everything has a shelf life.

low IQ retardation

Amuro sucks.

Attached: 1566381595449.jpg (1280x2160, 709.53K)

upvoted

I love Gundam, but unless you’re a mecha nut, a Fujo, or latent fujo there’s not much to hold most people.
Most people are not interested in watching old 70s anime, the style is too off putting.
And getting to the good stuff in the story means sitting through 43 episodes of what are essentially “monster of the week” super robo battles but in a more realistic setting.
So I can totally see why the modern viewer isn’t interested in original Gundam.
It was hugely influential though, and many anime have come out since, even within the franchise itself, that massively improved on storytelling and animation.

The third compilation movie is a legitimate masterpiece though. It aged a lot better than the tv series and has some of the early seeds of realism in the anime medium.

>I love Gundam, but unless you’re a mecha nut, a Fujo, or latent fujo there’s not much to hold most people.

In other words, a complete pleb. Look at this dude. He watched Gundam. He used his very last moments on this site to tell people to go watch 0079.

Attached: Chad who watched it.jpg (2000x1334, 163.35K)

> He used his very last moments on this site to tell people to go watch 0079.
Really?

It's one of the most popular works ever made. How many more people need to watch it for you to be satisfied?

most people (understandably) don't have a 50 episode attention span

the movies are the best way to introduce them to gundam, they hold up

most wont want to see the rest of UC though. it certainly isnt easy to either unless you're a pirate lad like us

The 90s OVAs have been better in my experience. My friends were really bored with the first Gundam movie, but they enjoyed 08th ms team.

>most people (understandably) don't have a 50 episode attention span
What about stuff like battleshonen or even Monster?

Because most new anime "fans" are npc moeshitters who watch the latest flavor of the month nagatoro before moving on to the next flavor of the month.
People who genuinley care will watch the classics they will watch 0079, Joe, Lupin, HnK....ect. moeshitters will be moeshitters you can only wait until they 42% themselves.

Attached: Reuenthal_toasting.png (700x375, 330.38K)

>it certainly isnt easy to either unless you're a pirate lad like us
Bandai has regularly published the entire franchise online for free for a decade in a dozen different languages both dubbed and subbed.

>The classics such as moeshit for women

Attached: s7rK7dSXlrkdVKccjtGe-dCIoDA_qp0cH8DwfoarF-lAf94BazKnW6IsuU_uwZbW3qaDkjdEfCaWGz-bWfA1nMI18BVmEFJyUEX85zJgjb0.jpg (848x1250, 198.7K)

I'm not a mecha fan or at least I don't identify as one, but thought Gundam was really great. Episodic anime with more than 12 episodes do tend to filter the modern attention span, but it's not difficult to overcome if you just try. Gundam is a great story with great characters, it has some rough spots but the good massively outweighs the bad. I encourage everyone to watch Gundam even if they are normally averse to older/longer anime, the least you can do is try.

And then after that watch Ideon, the best Tomino show.

I definitely remember him highlighting it as a must-watch classic when asked about anime (alongside his obligatory "but you know guys I'm not quite as up to speed with the scene as I'd used to be"). Couldn't find it on the transcript of the Q&A video so I can only assume he wrote it directly on the parallel /qa/ thread.

Attached: The most famous Mexican.png (300x325, 54.54K)