Pre-2000s Anime

What are ya watching, Any Forums?

Attached: Combat Mecha Xabungle - 26 (BDRip 720x480p x265 HEVC FLAC 2.0)[sxales].webm (654x480, 2.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I-8avwODRrE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Blue Gender
Any 90’s gundam series. Stardust memory, O8th ms team.
DragonBall z movies from 90’s

Early in 2000’s is prolly peak anime tho.

How is Blue Gender?

>Any 90’s gundam series. Stardust memory, O8th ms team.
All shit except Victory and Turn A.

I just started pink jacket. Finishing up the dirty pair ova atm. Does anyone know around what episode Lupin Part III takes a nosedive in quality? It's famous for that, but it's fine so far. Also way more naked fujiko than anything before or after.

Attached: fujicakes.png (1436x1078, 990.29K)

How fucked in the head do you have to be to think like this?

Turn A is an abomination and 08th Ms team is the best that Gundam has to offer

Are you sure you're not thinking of Part 2? I've seen neither but read a bit about them in the past, and my impression is that 2 was significantly more uneven in quality.

>All shit except for Victory and Turn A
You're mostly right, but Mobile Fighter G Gundam and After War Gundam X are great too.

>Turn A is an abomination
Never talk about Gundam ever again.

Attached: Mobile Fighter G Gundam - Ep. 10 - The Phantom Fighter Appears (720p - DUAL Audio).mkv (00.21.19.111)_stitch.jpg (948x1412, 724.26K)

It's a matter of being capable of appreciating a good story vs being a child who goes "wow cool robot"

>good story
Lmao!!

Watched Sayonara Ginga Tetsudou, weird film. Starts out as a hollywood war film, then throws in a star wars "I am your father twist" just because, then tries to tell you it was somehow all a coming of age story with the final scene. Really disjointed and kind of a nothing film but there were some really cool segments and I loved the scenery on the robot planet. Definitely worse than the series and the first film for me though, so kinda disappointed in that

Attached: gingatetsudouadieu1.jpg (1920x1080, 500.82K)

I only watched the first two seasons of part II, up to 52. Was still good by then, but that's just like a third of it.

The opening "hollywood war film" scenes to that movie were great, I thought. Little dialogue, heavy action, shot beautifully. But after that it immediately sets out to rehash the first movie, only even worse. I'm not really a fan of the first movie or TV show either, though I'm not far into the show.

I started watching pic related yesterday, only watched one episode so far. It's very fun though. It's your typical 1990s moe action heroine OVA schlock, which I always love.
youtube.com/watch?v=I-8avwODRrE

>Turn A is an abomination
>)8th Ms team is the best that Gundam has to offer
I wonder who could be behind this post.

Attached: 1636691390103.jpg (720x540, 224.51K)

Also has a cute late 1990s CGI ED

Attached: 1644785132871.webm (720x480, 2.08M)

Cute, I like it

last pre 2000's anime I've watched was Kare Kano. Really liked the extremly creative animation style

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Infinite Ryvius
Magic Knight Rayearth

>waving a blue flag
>people right next to you are still shooting
What does this signal?

It really is good. Story and characters are great as well and the acting is also excellent. It's cool how some actors recorded like, far away from the mic or something to show distance.

>I wonder who could be behind this post.
Who? Isn't that just the general consensus?

I like Yoshiaki Kawajiri's art style.

Attached: E0A1000A-FB98-44C7-9C25-BF63BE92487D.png (1225x2278, 1.89M)

currently finishing gundam wing and it got really hard trying to get it to the finish line (i'm on episodes 45) and this shit is boring me to death, heero is genuinely unappealing as a gundam MC, he could've been the worst gundam MC but then you remember the absolute retardation that is mikazuki.

>All shit except Victory
interesting you brought up about victory, at first i was unsure whether i should watch this considering tomino trashed that anime a lot and some people kept parroting the same talking opinion "hurr durr tomino dislikes it so much therefore why should you even watch it?" needless to say i'm a sucker of tomino stuff and i finally watched and finished it and damn even though some episodes felt like tomino just fucked around just to prove a point (he was depressed and had a fight with sunrise people), it's still a great gundam anime. katejina was clearly nuts though but i'd conclude why she had such a big change of heart (compared to how she got introduced) might be due to being exposed to some sort of brainwashing. i thought of that because brainwashing definitely existed in victory, in the form of people powering Angel Halo, you could see them being out of their mind already right before they got loaded into some weird capsule machine to extract their power of praying.

As a Gundam outsider the consensus as I've seen it looks like:
0079 - good
Zeta and ZZ - love one and hate the other
Turn A - the best one

I've only seen Ninja Scroll, what are your favourite movies of his?

Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

>Who?
A certain somebody who just got unbanned.

I am currently not watching pre-2000 anime, I am watching post-2010 anime to see whether my hatred for recent anime is justified or not. and as of now I feel vindicated
Even after you sidestep all the moeshit and isekai and find something that looks cool it comes out to be uninspired and boring in its execution, plot, characters whatever you name it.
Anime used to be on the vanguard of what's cool and hip now they are either pumping out moeshit and isekai like a Chinese company would pump out free-2-play mobile games or they are making third rate knockoffs of western shows like Vikings, Game of Thrones.

Attached: 719dTXiBb3L._RI_.jpg (1440x1080, 138.47K)

OK but this is a pre-2000s thread so what are your favorite pre-2000s anime?

There were definitely well made, they just didn't really work in a ginga tetsudou film for me. Maybe if the rest of the film had followed them up well it could've been good but like you said it just does a 180 and does the first film again. I actually got the impression that they were writing it as they went, which surely can't be the case with a production as large as an anime film but the subplot with the robot girl who wanted maetels body was handled so bafflingly badly that I can't believe that somebody wrote that script all at once

also in a meantime i also finished dunbine, it was hard to watch at some point due how overly repetitive some of the section (1/4 of the anime was about rimul luft trying to escape her family but keeps failing, another 1/4 of the anime is zelana gang moving into another region to seek help alliance to defeat the invasive Drake army, but the king of the region got defeated so they have to move elsewhere), but godamn that last 15 episodes were especially well-made for its final battle. i'd even rate that final battle part around 9/10, but sadly the rest of the anime felt so plodding so the average rate got much lower.

i'd argue dunbine was a natural evolution of the story tomino made after finishing Ideon because i sorta see some similarity between those two
>both have mechas that got overpowered by the end but at some point it took a big toll of its pilot to the point some lost their lives from it (in dunbine, some pilots just couldn't cope when their aura got too big to handle)
>endless amount of chase episodes between the enemy and the MC's gang
>every main characters died by the end with the mechs also disappeared by the end of the final battle, but at least in dunbine their deaths helped the real world back being normal again

prolly the same dude with this one

Attached: file.png (654x150, 37.49K)

Not a new IP. Also obvious Mauritanian post.

also
>you disappear for a week or two (banned)
>quality of retro anime discussion's actually for the first time in over a year
>suddenly this morning when you get unbanned there's an influx of low quality bait threads and "old versus modern" shitposting.

>Infinite Ryvius
That show actually went over my head. I also never really understood what was happening with the space clouds.

It's like Das Boat diving in a sea of plasma or something like that

We should drop a nuke or two on Mauritania.

>Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Nice, for the first time? Is it living up to the hype for you?

Depends what you're into, as somebody who's not all that into mecha and sci fi I (generally) prefer modern anime because stuff like sonny boy and heike appeal to me more. Obviously there's more shitty schlock coming out nowadays than ever before but the good stuff is still good. Don't want to say anymore because I don't want to turn this into a shitflinging old vs new thread that'll attract bait