Why is such an immoral work-of-art like Hunter x Hunter so popular?

Why is such an immoral work-of-art like Hunter x Hunter so popular?

I'm not questioning it's quality, i'm merely addressing popularity here. There is nothing propositive in a typical secularist sense - it's almost a renaissance work actually. It praises beauty, strength and individuality. It's way too pagan/greek for the current ethos.

Why is it so popular in such a period of time?

Attached: tserriednich-ebnp_rev7.jpg (696x1237, 255.96K)

Its almost like people dont actually give a shit about an authors soapbox; No work of art has ever been popular because of its message, not a single one.

>No work of art has ever been popular because of its message, not a single one.
False

False a lot of Renaissance era work was popular because it made fun of the monarchs.

please enlight us with the definitive answer for what reasons people actually engage with art, tolstoi

Who is most likely to die in this batch of chapters?

Attached: 86983647_p10.jpg (1080x1676, 265.47K)

hopefully Chrollo

Because cool magic powers

Chrollo will probably die this arc but I don't think he will die in this batch of chapters desu.

Attached: 98625270_p11.jpg (1184x1613, 849.02K)

Hisoka obviously

Don't know about all you said, but it's popular bc it's unique, but not too unique. especially in later parts.

>It praises beauty, strength and individuality
Damn, that's truly awful.

Attached: a kind association.jpg (360x540, 88.8K)

Succession War is like a modern ASOIAF

Artistic experience is mimetic for the most part. Which means people enjoy looking at the mirror. However, people are delusional by nature.

The immense majority of people will engage with art because they find it relatable or inspirational in a moralistic sense, because that's what they see in the mirror. The masses taste is related to morality, because they are moral slaves.

There is however a smaller portion who enjoy adventure and transcendental values, which is probably the case for the edge community who are prone to kneel for Togashi no matter what. But the size of such community kind of baffles me. He became the most followed mangaka on twitter in just a few days.

It's indeed some phenomena we are looking at.

Prince Luzurus

A lot of people like the cute, expressive character designs and surface level drama. The adaptations aren't bad, good for bingewatching and some people are only vaguely aware the manga exists.
The option to relax and simply view it as a charming battle shounen with occasional shock moments is always there.

There aren't actually as many slaves as we think, the slavers are just expending massive efforts to make us think there are tons of slaves and that slavery is the only option, but when something rule-breaking appears (and they fail to suppress it) it's massively sought. The same thing is happening in the games industry.

Attached: 1651985282895.jpg (1440x2143, 587.56K)

To me, the appeal of HxH always was how egotisic most of hunters are. I like this aspect of the manga. Togashi praises individualism and that's something I've always been drawn to. I mean obviously every now and then we had to work together and figure stuff out. But in HxH I don't see shit like power of friendship, the importance of family and such. It's refreshing.

Attached: AYYYAAA.jpg (397x397, 99.99K)

Barroque when done exquisitely will always outshine morality.

It looks to me that Jujutsu Kaisen tries to do the same (with way less charm and originality obviously)

JJK is a mess in every possible way. I think only the young generation actually enjoys it.

In the world of egotistical nen users Chrollo stands out for his bond with the phantom troupe.

Attached: 96521803_p12.jpg (1383x1535, 916.67K)