Place importance on the setting and worldbuilding before muh uguu characters, memes and low-brow fight scenes

>Place importance on the setting and worldbuilding before muh uguu characters, memes and low-brow fight scenes
>Surprise surprise, you get a kino and successful anime

Attached: 1653710470805.jpg (680x1000, 200.01K)

It is kind of interesting how little anime focus on the setting, but I guess that's a result of consumer demand. I can't say I read fantasy novels all that much but seems like there's a much bigger scene of focusing on an intricate and detailed world there than in anime (I know there's a lot of other factors at play so it's a bit of an unfair comparison).

worldbuilding is heavily overrated. characters matter more. look at series like one piece - praised for its worldbuilding, but it's awful because the characters are goofy and 1 dimensional.

The answer is pretty simple. There are popular fantasy books that have 400 pages of boring worldbuilding slog and people still enjoy/recommend them for the last 100 good pages. A manga can't afford to do that nowadays without becoming irrelevant.

Is your post a joke?
There is very little emphasis on setting or worldbuilding in Made in Abyss.
It largely centers on uguu characters, memes and low-brow fight scenes.

yada yada stfu

No shit, fuck head. You choose Shounen - a show for boys
If you want actual world building, MiA, Mushishi, YKK, and Kino
If you want characters firsts, tha'll be Drama and SoLs.
Girls Last Tour, Aria, and Haibane

>worldbuilding is overrated
>look for example at the world's most popular manga being carried by worldbuilding

>I have no idea what I'm talking about, but...

are you dumb?
There's no real worldbuilding in any of these shows.

This is literally you.

Attached: 1641977312177.jpg (1356x1490, 724.26K)

Sprinkle it with a deranged pedophile's fantasy and you get a burning trashpile

The problem with one piece isn't goofy characters, it's Oda trying too hard to make some kind of serious political plot. It just comes off as boring and stakeless. If the strawhats just explored wacky islands like in the New World preview it would be great.

swap 'Boring' with 'Kino'

Funny how your "characters first" examples have more worldbuilding than the "world building" examples.

user, it's called "boring taste".
It makes no statement about quality, but it is a statement about the person who regards these things highly.
You probably haven't been on Any Forums in the early to mid 2010s.

it's called "Kino taste", or "high IQ", whichever your fancy

It's called "please don't be mean to me, I like these things that everyone thinks are good" taste.

Go hit up the Any Forums archives and look up the word "patrician", it's the same shit.

It does place emphasis on world building (just look at how everytime there an enime the manga went on hiatus because the mangaka went to assist the anime staff) but it also engages in uguu lolis/shotas doing uguu things.

>There's very little emphasis on worldbuilding in this manga that spent pages upon pages to pre-establish the world structure on a macroscopic level, whose MC is an exploration obsessed nerd who'll periodically sperg out about how every little tool and method works, and whose author will halt the story to a crawl just to intruduce a plethora of side characters whose sole function is to flesh out each environment the protags find themselves in at a microscopic level
>There's very little emphasis on worldbuilding in this manga where probably 30% of the pages are flashbacks and sidestories that show further details, artifacts and locations

yes.

lol
Shounentard cope

damn

Yes. Building like 10 characters isn't building the world.
For a world where relics are incredibly overpowered tools we've barely seen any of them.

>boring taste
LMAO
The buzzwords you would invent just to feel superior

Shounen manchild

Attached: laugh-anime.gif (220x272, 62.46K)

>the entire thing is just an excuse for the author to draw children smut
>it's kino
Many such cases.

if you think anything in the series can be considered smut that's on you