How accurate is the depiction of Japanese schools in anime?

How accurate is the depiction of Japanese schools in anime?
>do they really have bento meals they eat together in class?
>do they really have lockers to keep their shoes and stuff?
>do they really have school uniforms and uniforms for physical class?
>do they really have competitive sports and physical exams?
>do they really have school recognized after class clubs?
>do they really have student councils snd student teams that make sure there is order in the corridors, cook meals, serve meals, cleanup dishes, cleanup garbage, etc?
Not gonna lie, the school life of anine Japanese schools is comfy as fuck. Is it really as good?

Attached: id5t7vw.jpg (1280x720, 114.77K)

Didn't read, just clicked for Haruhi and will post Haruhi.

Attached: HARUHI.webm (1920x1080, 1.72M)

user all of the things you listed can be found in western schools

Public schools? Nope, here we don't even have this kind of stuff even in private schools but I may well live in a shithole.

I don't know what's worse anymore, if the old trend of people who used to get into anime because of a general fascination with Japan who ended up acting like obnoxious Ken-sama or the modern trend of people watching anime because it's popular without knowing absolutely anything about Japan and judging everything they see with their retarded cultural sensibilities.

>>do they really have lockers to keep their shoes and stuff?
Nah bro that sounds weird as fuck.

You didn't bring a lunch to school?

More importantly
>do they really have summer and spring festivals?
>is cosplay common and teachers are ok with it?
>is it ok for girls to dress as bunny girls?

Attached: 6253439eb421ea3e7_w.jpg (600x338, 45.39K)

I watch anime because I like it much more than any other media and I'm fascinated by japanese language, culture, society, school system, etc.

When I asked my japanese colleague if they have students with super powers in japanese schools he started laughing!

Attached: 0234423898493843.png (1253x1162, 320.58K)

No, in general I was antisocial because my parents are antisocial and sometimes I bought a cheese pie from the school cantina and ate it alone hidden under the stairs.

Attached: c889234799e865bbe90cee71f6cd2e53_L.jpg (700x467, 183.5K)

Good Haruhis.

Attached: haruhi38.jpg (1920x1080, 138.7K)

No, every manga artist made up those things individually and they just happen to look similar by pure coincidence.

Can't have been too bad if your school sold cheese pies

I live in a shithole and most of the schools here, both public and private, have most of the things you listed, plus a lot of schools are unisex (even public ones). Different countries just have different school systems.

nobody would fucking watch school anime if real school was good you fucking retard

whaattt?

>how accurate is the depiction of (thing) in (entertainment)
I would expect it to be just as hilariously overdone and ridiculous as highschools in burger media
so, about 95% inaccurate

I imagine Japanese school is super awesome and Japan is too...
It's such a shame I'll never get to study in a Japanese school

Howdy Y'all, my name is Kenichi Smith!

I'm a 27 year old Japanese Toonaholic (Cartoon fan for you foreigners). I draw cartoons and comics on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior American games. (Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty)

I train with my 1911 every day, this superior weapon can shoot straight through steel because it kicks ass, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my gun license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak English fluently, both the Midwestern and the East Coast accents, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about American history and their Constitution, which I follow 100%

When I get my American visa, I am moving to New York to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Nickelodeon or a game designer!

I own several cowboy outfits, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to America, so I can fit in easier. I keep cool to my elders and seniors and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in America!

Attached: kenichi smith.png (499x399, 456.64K)

I consider Japanese to be better than burgers, they would never stoop so low.

Japanese schools are nothing like the libertine ones seen in anime. As typical of East Asian cultures they're very strict and uniformity is valued above everything else. For starters even having the wrong colour of hair is prohibited

>As typical of East Asian cultures they're very strict and uniformity is valued above everything else. For starters even having the wrong colour of hair is prohibited
And this is bad how?

That's a huge generalization that obviously doesn't apply to all of them

Reminds me when my student council at the time sentenced the tardy to a firing squad,
Or when we caught some girls schlicking each other at the back of the classroom during free study,
Or when the teacher threw our notebooks outside the window because everyone forgot she gave us an assignment,
Or when the scary history teacher scolded me for letting my bro copy my essay assignment which apparently got copied by the whole class

Attached: haruhi sundress.webm (1280x720, 2.08M)

Went to a public school and we had
>Lunch boxes to bring from home
>Competetive sports events, even just internally in the school
>Something like clubs to join
>Student council, though obviously not nearly as powerful as animu student councils
Shoe lockers are just a very Japanese thing and uniforms have been abolished in most parts, but these things aren't that uncommon.

Espeically the mundane things are probably depicted accurately, cause that's just how life is in Japan. That's how you make the stories and characters relatable to the audience.